1 Corinthians 10:31
2-21-19, * -- Trudy Cathy-White, daughter of ‘Chick-fil-A’ restaurants founder Truett Cathy has a new book, "Climb Every Mountain: Finding God Faithful in the Journey of Life." In it she highlights her life as child in the Cathy household and difficult experiences she has had to overcome. When she was 19 her parents gave her a restaurant to manage; there she met her husband, John White and have four children. At the center of her life was her faith in Jesus Christ; she explained the reason behind their company’s massive success: “it's just God's blessing.” (Psalm 5:12) In an interview with the Christian Post she said:
"We feel like the Lord is just giving us more and more opportunity of responsibility to manage what He's entrusted to us.That's truth in all of life. We have to realize that the very God who created us is the very God who gives us talents and gifts to be used, to honor Him. ... There's a lot of things that we're taught in God's Word and we've been able to put it into practice in our business. We're in business to glorify God (Matthew 5:16) by being a faithful steward of all that's been trusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A. ...The important things in life are people looking for joy, peace and hope, and you won't find those things for sale. Those things you will find in the truth of God's Word and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ." John 14:6
"Jesus said in this life you will have trouble; (John 16:33) He didn't say you might, He said you will. We all have trouble. But then, in that same book of the Bible, it goes on to say, 'do not be afraid' (John 14:27) for 'I have overcome the world'."
After serving at Chick-fil-A for a while, John and Trudy moved to Brazil to serve as missionaries. Some say business is all about the bottom line – making money – but Trudy says God has a different bottom line:"We love selling chicken, but we're really more in the people business." Psalm 115:1; Revelation 4:11
Chick-fil-A has seen consistent growth over the years; multiple news reports have highlighted Cathy's lessons on caring for others. Business Insider attributed Chick-fil-A success to their care for employees, applauding the company's stance on covering worker's education and support in following their dreams. Forbes reiterated Chick-fil-A's care for employees as the reason for happy customers. Excerpted and adapted full report from CBN here
Many Hoaxes Involving 'Nooses'
President Jefferson wasn't willing to leave his final resting place in the hands of others. He directed the wording on the marker and for it to be made of inexpensive materials to dissuade vandals from bothering it. However, following his 1826 death, several people chipped away at his Monticello VA grave as souvenirs. Congress funded a new monument in 1882, which is still toured by visitors to the estate today; the engraving reads:
"Here was buried Thomas Jefferson, Author of the Declaration of American Independence Of the Statute of Virginia for religious freedom & Father of the University of Virginia. BORN APRIL 2, 1743 O.S. DIED JULY 4, 1826"
True Report: https://www.truthorfiction.com/accomplishments-jefferson/
Beautiful website showing Jefferson's Montecello Virginia home here:
1. Some verses have baptism before receiving Holy Spirit [HS]:
2. Some verses have receiving Holy Spirit before baptism:
3. Apostles breathed on someone and they received Holy Spirit:
4. Some must obey receive HS: Acts 5:32
5. Some asked to receive HS: Luke 11:13
7-27-18, Bloomberg -- The U.S. economy accelerated to a 4.1 percent pace of growth in the second quarter, the fastest since 2014.
U.S. Economy at a Glance | U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis
Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased 3.4 percent in the third quarter.
Sept 2018 - FBI had done six investigations before Judge Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court. More here
Arab Ministers at Warsaw Security Summit Defend Israel's Right to Defend Itself Downplaying "Palestinian" Issue - Peace and Security?
The prophet Jeremiah was full of the Lord's fury & weary of holding it in. He said, "I will pour it out on the enemies of Jerusalem. They falsely said, "Peace peace when there is no peace."
"When they say, "Peace and security," then sudden destruction will come upon them, like labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape." 1 Thessalonians 5:3
2-15-19, Israel's Prime Minister Netanyahu’s main objective at the summit was to unite against the Iranian [ancient Persia, Ezekiel 38:5] threat. As for his discussions with Arab leaders, he described the meetings as “historic,” saying there was a “solidarity and unity that I don’t remember in my lifetime,” signifying an “enormous change” in the Middle East. When Netanyahu's microphone malfunctioned, his neighbor from Yemen, Alyemany shared his with him, but later denied the reports of friendliness [no peace!] or progress in Yemen’s relations with Israel. Source
The Israeli-Palestinian conflict the greatest threat to regional peace
Foreign Minister Khalid Al Khalifa of Bahrain said, “We grew up talking about the Palestine-Israel dispute as the most important issue; but then at a later stage, we saw a bigger challenge. We saw a more toxic one, in fact the most toxic in our modern history, which came from the Islamic Republic, from Iran. When we come to Israel-Palestine, we had the Camp David agreement. There was Madrid. There were many other ways of solving it, had we stayed on the same path. If it wasn't for the toxic party [Iran] … [and the] guns, food [and] soldiers of the Islamic Republic, I think we would have been much closer today in solving this issue with Israel.” He denounced the “neo-fascist regime” in Tehran, accusing it of plotting attacks in his country and destabilizing Yemen, Syria and Iraq." More here and here
2-13-19, France24.com -- Appx sixty nations gather in the Polish capital Warsaw Wednesday, 2-13-19 where the United States hopes to ratchet up pressure on Iran. Israel joined by Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco, Oman, Tunisia, Egypt and the UAE. UAE’s Emirati Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan was asked about Israel’s military activity in Syria he said: “Every nation has the right to defend itself when it’s challenged by another nation.”
Saudi Arabia’s minister of state for foreign affairs, Adel al-Jubeir, also accused Iran of hurting the Palestinian cause by supporting terror groups battling Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas. al-Jubeir asked: “Who is supporting Hamas and [Palestinian] Islamic Jihad [war] and undercutting the Palestinian Authority?” Answering, “Iran.”
Netanyahu didn't participate on the panel, but is seen sitting in the audience. He was speaking to reporters hinting at the “unfathomabl[y]” friendly atmosphere at the conference. “Four out of five Arab foreign ministers who addressed the conference [on Thurs, 2-14-19] spoke strongly and clearly against Iran, saying exactly what I’ve been saying for years! They were as clear as possible about the issue and Israel’s right to defend itself against Iranian aggression.” More here
Nations not participating: Lebanon, Iran, Turkey, Syria and Russia
Reportedly the Muslims in Israel aka "Palestinian Authority" rejected an invitation to attend the conference. The Palestinians called on Arab nations to boycott or downgrade their representation. Osama Qawasmi, member of the Fatah Revolutionary Council said: “The Warsaw conspiracy aims at liquidating the Palestinian cause and is an American-Israeli attempt to pass the deal of shame and to spread ideas not acceptable to anyone other than those who are traitors to Jerusalem, Al-Aqsa and the Holy Sepulchre.”
[Clearly this harangue about Jerusalem is such fantasy as the name of the city appears NOT ONCE in their book .... it's over 600 times in the Holy Bible. And the Al-Aqsa Muslim structure sitting on the Jewish Temple Mount in Jerusalem; they revere it so much that when they pray the Muslims turn their backsides to it!]
Muslims Dome on Temple Mount
Jesus said to WATCH!
Mark 13:14, 33-34, 35-37
- Jan 2019, Chicago IL liberal actor Mr Jussie Smollett apparently, with the help of two friends, staged or lied about a racist & anti-gay attack on himself blaming the phony event on supporters of Pres Trump.
- Jan 2019, Washington DC ‘March for Life’ Covington Catholic High School student falsely accused by Nathan Phillips who originally told Washington Post the students swarmed him – in reality the kids were just waiting for their bus and Phillips confronted a boy beating a drum in his face.
- Nov 2018, New York, Anti-Semitic Vandal Exposed As Democrat Activist.
- July 2018, Waiter Fakes Note Calling Himself A Terrorist - Khalil Cavil claimed a customer had left a note on the receipt, in lieu of a tip calling Cavil a “terrorist.” Initially the restaurant, Saltgrass Steak House banned the customers for life - waiter had wrote it himself.
- July 2018, Texas, Waitress Fakes Racist Note, Blames Law Enforcement – she apologized & later admitted to writing the note herself.
- Sept 2018, New York woman was charged after she fabricated a story about white teens yelling racial slurs at her and leaving a racist note on her car.
- Nov 2017, Missouri, racist graffiti hoax - high school racial slurs were left on a bathroom mirror - the student responsible was “non-white.”
- April 2017, Muslim student at Beloit College wrote anti-Muslim graffiti on his own dorm room door.
- April 2017, Israeli Man Behind Anti-Semitic Bomb Threats in the U.S. A former reporter for The Intercept was also charged in March 2017 with making several copycat threats.
- May 2017, Minnesota students at St. Olaf college protests & boycotted classes after racist notes targeting black students were found around campus – perp a black student.
- Sept 2017, Air Force Academy horrific racist notes were found. The perp one of the students targeted by the notes.
- Nov 2017, Kansas, K-State report of racist graffiti left on car. “Go Home N***** Boy” and “Whites Only.” Perp was owner of the car himself.
- Nov 2016:
- Racist Blaze At Black Church Was Carried Out By Black Church-goer (Nov. 2016)
- Michigan, anti-Muslim Hate Crime hoax - a Muslim woman at the University of Michigan claimed a drunk 20-something man threatened to light her on fire if she didn’t remove her hijab – it was a lie.
- Student Miss Taylor Volk, an openly bisexual senior at North Park University lied about hateful notes and emails.
- Philadelphia, Ashley Boyer claimed she was harassed at a gas station by white Trump supporting men one who had a weapon. Police Debunked It as she lied.
- Louisiana, White Men Rob Muslim Woman Of Her Hijab And Wallet hoax - An 18-year-old Muslim woman that two white men, one of whom was wearing a Trump hat, attacked and robbed her, taking her wallet and hijab while yelling racial slurs. She lied.
- St David’s Church Organist Vandalizes Own Church
- Sarah Harvard’s fictitious story about Native American claimed to have been harassed by an alleged Trump supporter who thought she was Mexican. Daily Caller Source
2-18-19, NYPost -- Democrat Smollett Hoax has affected the Dem pres candidates jockeying for position in 2020 - they had a lot to say before facts came out ... Pelosi just quietly deleted her tweet, Kamala Harris, Corey Booker & others just said they'd have to wait for more information AFTER THEY'd already pounced on the original story characterizing the incident as “a modern-day lynching ... Ola & Abel brothers were arrested ... they bought the rope at Ace Hardware ... More here
Mature Faith: Testing Is Not the Same as Temptation
"Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death."
2-4-19, Moody -- When C. S. Lewis wrote The Screwtape Letters, many were impressed by his insights into the dynamics of temptation. They assumed he had done many years of theological study. He responded by referring to Psalm 36:1: “They forget that there is an equally reliable, though less credible, way of learning how temptation works. ‘My heart’—I need no other’s—‘showeth me the wickedness of the ungodly’.”
God sends testing and trials, but He only allows temptations. He Himself is utterly holy and righteous. He cannot be tempted and so does not tempt us to sin (James 1:13). While testing comes from outside, temptations come from within. The fact is that our own sinful desires entice us to disobey God (James 1:14). When we give in, we’re “dragged away” by them. This is forceful and even violent language—the language of prey pursued and caught by a ruthless hunter.
Yielding to temptation is contrasted with enduring testing and troubles. On the one hand, evil desires result in sin, and the consequence is death (James 1:15). Ironically, James used the language of growth, namely conception and childbearing, to describe the genesis of sin. On the other hand, perseverance or endurance results in spiritual growth leading to mature faith (James 1:2–4). This is a very different growth process!
For those who persevere under trial, God has promised the special blessing of a “crown of life” (James 1:12). James was likely picturing the victory laurel presented to a winning athlete or a conquering general. However, God promises an eternal reward, far more valuable than earthly riches. Part of gaining wisdom (James 1:5), then, is understanding the clear-cut choice we have between one path that leads to death and another that leads to life. Source
Psalm 1:6 “For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.”
See also Psalm 121:1-2
Little Known Facts About Twelve of Our US Presidents
- George Washington's  false teeth were not wood; they were made of hippopotamus ivory, bone, animal and human teeth, lead, brass screws and gold wire. Historians believe that Washington's fondness for dark wine stained the fractures in his false teeth, giving off the look of grainy wood.
- President John Adams & Thomas Jefferson both died on the same day, July 4, 1826, the 50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.
- James Madison was the smallest president stood at 5'4" and weighed around 100 pounds.
- Martin Van Buren president #8 was the first president born  in the USA.
- William Henry Harrison shortest tenure in office; in 1841 gave the longest inauguration speech ever over 90 minutes on a wet, cold day; he fell ill of pneumonia and died 31 days into his presidency.
- Zachary Taylor in 1850 while celebrating the Fourth of July he snacked on a bunch of cherries with iced milk. Apparently bacteria was present in either the cherries or the milk, leading to his death a few days later.
- William Henry Harrison in 1891 was the first president to have electricity in the White House.
- Grover Cleveland served as president in two non consecutive terms as #22 [1885-1889] and #24 [1893-1891]
- Richard Nixon in 1970 had a one lane bowling alley installed in the White House basement.
- Gerald Ford’s real name was Leslie Lynch King, Jr. More here
- President Donald John Trump is a germophobe [he doesn’t like to shake hands], he or his companies have been sued approximately 3500 times and he doesn’t drink alcoholic beverages; never had a beer. Because of Grover Cleveland's two non consecutive terms ... Pres Trump is actually #44.
Israel Must Defend Against the Enemy Within
No Wonder They Would Want to 'Track' the Boots of Hamas Soldiers
2-18-19, Daily Mail -- Hamas have claimed Israel are sending bugged shoes to spy on people in a war-torn part of the country. The militant Islamic terror group, Hamas took control of the major goods crossing from the Palestinian Authority on Sunday, according to the Gaza strip's interior ministry. Hamas seized the Gaza Strip in 2007 in a near civil war with Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas' Fatah party.Tensions have risen again since March as Palestinians have gathered at least weekly along the border with Israel for often-violent protests, calling for an end to Israel's blockade of the territory.
7-25-14, The Islamic terror group in Gaza Israel, Hamas officials are notorious for making incendiary statements and anti-Semitic comments. In fact, their charter calls for the destruction of the Jewish state and the murder of Jews around the world.
Its immediate goal is clear: to terrorize Jewish Israelis, hoping they will force Israel to accede to the terrorist organization's demands. In a speech on Wednesday, translated by the IPT, Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal spewed typical Hamas propaganda against Israel. Meshaal called on the various terrorist factions to join forces to strike Israeli civilian targets Meshaal said:
"The world only respects force … The Resistance prepared, built, smuggled and lay awake for its people, and was not sleeping. All the sons of Hamas, Fatah, Islamic Jihad and the Popular [Front] were born to resist the occupier. The Resistance nonetheless did not kill settlers rather it killed soldiers, officers and leaders of the occupation army and its elites. Our victims are civilians and their dead are soldiers and military."
Clearly, lifting the "siege" on Gaza would not end the conflict since the terrorist organization perceives that all of Israel is occupied territory and will not relinquish its terrorist tactics until the Jewish state is destroyed. Investigative Project more here
6-21-18, Obama separated parents from their children at the border; and used tear gas... More here
4-5-18, Sean Hannity -- “Shifty Adam Schiff” has been “purposefully and maliciously misleading the country about what is really going on with the Russia collusion investigation"...
When they say, "Peace and Security"
The Lord said, "For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of My people slightly, saying, "Peace, peace" when there is no peace. Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore shall they fall among them that fall: in the time of their visitation they shall be cast down."
2-17-19, John Haller -- In a world blinded by its own arrogance, it is easy to be deceived by well-spoken words. With the increase in worldwide conflicts and battle lines being drawn over issues of morality and common sense, the world longs for a sense of peace on many levels, free from conflict and chaos. The desire for peace and safety is universal.
Problem is, without understanding and the ability to discern false peace from the true peace that comes from a relationship with Christ leaves the world unfulfilled, wanting and vulnerable to deception.
Unfortunately, in the secular world, as well as formerly solid churches who seems to constantly be looking for "Jesus plus..." in order to satisfy itching ears. When deception of this magnitude in the church reaches this level of depravity and surrealistic association, it is even more imperative that we find solid, bible-teaching fellowships with which to associate. Deep deception is on the march.
John also speaks about the abominable sin stemming from lust. Also comparing the actions of the USA leaders:
"While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb.
The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire." 2 Peter 2:19-22; 2 Pet 1:3-4, 8-9; 2 Peter 1:1-2
One hour 18 min video here:
At the hour 15 min mark a terrific image of a house
built on sand and the floods came destroying it. Matthew 7:24–27 and Luke 6:47–49
"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea." Isaiah 11:6-9
"The Lily of the Valley," Us or Him?
“I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys. As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters. As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.”
2-16-19, * -- The famous hymn "Lily of the Valley"  claims Jesus is the LILY and in scripture it’s a bit tricky to discern who IS the ‘lily?’ Traditionally it has been interpreted as the Lord Jesus Christ, unfortunately that is incorrect. See the picturesque description in Solomon's scriptures:
- "I am the... lily of the valleys. v3 under His shadow with great delight, and His fruit was sweet to my taste [the lily]. v4 He brought me to the banqueting house, and His banner over me [the lily] was love." [Clearly the woman is the Lily; it's the Church rather than Christ.] Song of Solomon 2:1-4
- The voice of my beloved! behold, He cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills - My beloved is mine, and I am His: He feedeth among the lilies. Song of Solomon 2:8,16
- Thou hast ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse [Bride of Christ]; Thou hast ravished my heart. Song of Solomon 4:9
 The hymn 'LILY OF THE VALLEY' is lovely and I include the link for a playlist below - even tho it refers to Jesus as the 'LILY.' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9hCM8tv2G4&list=RDi9hCM8tv2G4&start_radio=1&t=0
UK: Miss 'TT' ... Now Mr. 'TT' Had a Baby
... Mr. TT sues to be father and baby will have no mother!!
Men Can Be Mothers in UK, While French Schools Erase Terms ‘Father,’ ‘Mother’ ALSO US California & Pennsylvania
UK Govt Lawyer Declares 'Mother' Not Gender Specific |More here
2-15-19, A UK government lawyer has said that “mother” is no longer a gender specific term preserved only for women. The comments were made during a High Court hearing where a ‘transgender’ man born a woman gave birth to a child and is seeking to be named the father, rendering the baby legally motherless. More here
10-1-18, A British-born baby could become the country’s first child to have no mother listed on its birth certificate, if a transgender dad wins his upcoming February trial. The trans man, whose identity is being withheld but identified only as 'TT' by England’s High Court, had legally transitioned by the time he became a single parent, acquiring England’s gender recognition certificate.
According to the June 2018 report in the Telegraph, lawyers for the mother/dad told the court that when he asked to be listed on the birth certificate as “father” or “parent,” he was told the law requires people who give birth to be listed as "mothers." Imagine that!!
In the crazy USA, birth certificates vary from state to state. In California and Pennsylvania, parents of a newly born baby have the option to be listed as “parent” rather than mother or father. And in 2017, the US Supreme Court ruled that same-sex couples have the right to both be listed as parents on a child’s birth certificate, regardless of who gave birth a woman or a "man."
Alexa (named after the ancient library of Alexandria) is Amazon’s voice-control system. You speak your wishes or questions to the smart speaker and speaks back to you — at least simple ones. Many have dumped the gadget over privacy concerns. [Note: I do not have it nor would I.--Annette]
Is Your Ability to See God Blinded?
“Lift up your eyes on high, and behold Who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: He calleth them all by names by the greatness of His might, for that He is strong in power.”
2-16-19, * -- In the Prophet Isaiah’s time the people had blinded their minds’ ability to see God by looking on the face of idols. Children of God have a tremendous treasure in nature and realize seeing Him reaching out to us in every wind that blows, every sunrise and sunset, every cloud in the sky, every flower that blooms and every leaf that fades is a miraculous creation of the Lord God almighty.
“Ask the beasts and they will teach you; the birds of the heavens, and they will tell you;
or the bushes of the earth will teach you; and the fish of the sea will declare to you.
Who among all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?
In His hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:7-10
Is your ability to discern good from evil blinded? (Ps 146:8) Have you been rebelling against God because of your love of sin? (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12) Do you doubt God is real? Clearly through everything God made, we can see His invisible hand of creation — His eternal power and divine nature; we have no excuse for not knowing God is real. — Romans 1:20
We will be powerless when faced with difficulties and forced to endure in darkness if our power to "see" has been blinded. We must not look back on our own experiences or our emotional feelings, but look to God; He is what we need.
“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.” Psalm 19:1, 146:8
*Excerpted and adapted full original message from Utmost.com here
- sad, John 14:1
- have sinned, Psalm 51:1
- facing danger, Psalm 91:1
- faith needs stimulation, Hebrews 11:1
- alone and sad, Psalm 23:1
The Lord Jesus said to:
"PRAY & WATCH"
Mark 13:33, 37
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
17 U.S. Code § 107 - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use