5-4-22, Jesus said: '...Shall confess me.' —Literally, make his confession in and for Me; and so in the corresponding verse. The promise points forward to the great day when the Lord Jesus shall be enthroned in His kingdom, before His Father and before the angels of God (Luke 12:8). He shall acknowledge His faithful servants; those who deny Him will also be denied and the words are remarkable: (1) in their calm assertion of this final sovereignty and (2) in extending the scope of the discourse beyond the apostles themselves to all who should receive their witness in the future. Matthew 10:32-33; Luke 12:8-9; Mark 8:38; 1 John 2:22
ANGELS: GOD'S SECRET AGENTS
5-4-22, The late Rev Billy Graham's 175 page book written in 1975 about 'Angels' is really fantastic. I took a couple photos of pages from my copy here:
God's word has much to say about angels; here's a few verses:
You can buy a copy of the book from Amazon for $10 in Kindle version or $200 collector item here:
Jacob's dream, Genesis 28:12: "And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it."
Jesus said: 'You will see angels descending and ascending..." John 1:51
5-3-22, Interesting the detail given for the procurement of the donkey for the Lord Jesus to ride into Jerusalem. Matthew Henry describe’s the scene where two donkey’s were sought: “This coming of Christ was described by the prophet Zechariah 9:9 when Christ would appear in His glory as King; yet in meekness, not in majesty. As outward poverty marked His triumphal entrance to Jerusalem as Zion's citizens cheered and danced. We must not think the clothes on our backs too dear to part with for the service of Christ as they were laid before the donkey to tread. But of how little value is the applause of the people as the changing cry of the day, went from “Hosanna!” to “Crucify Him!”
Matthew 21:2-5; Mark 11:1-11; Luke 19:28-40; John 12:12-19
5-2-22, At Bethany when the Lord Jesus spoke to the Father, many people heard Him and the reply and were afraid. Jesus’ general petition was such as all our requests must be reduced to, “if they be according to Thy will and glorify Your name!” The Father’s voice from heaven: “I have glorified it; and will glorify it again!” By Jesus the Father's glory will be published and proclaimed throughout the world, by His preaching, miracles, His death, resurrection from the dead and by the Gospel being carried to the ends of the earth.” John 12:27-36 – Matthew Poole’s Commentary, https://biblehub.com/commentaries/poole/john/12.ht
5-1-22, Today, the first day of the month, Christian churches worldwide commemorate & honor the Lord Jesus by holding a ‘Communion’ service aka ‘The Lord’s Supper.’ Just before the Lord's crucifixion the Lord planned a 'last supper' with His apostles [Luke 22:9-11]. During the event He admonished them to remember Him as often as they repeated it. He took the bread saying: ‘This is My body’; that is, spiritually, it ‘represents’ His body & the wine represents His blood. He gave thanks & the command: “Drink ye all of it.” The Lord’s sacrifice is for the pardon of sin of all true repentant believers and He also sais: ‘I will not drink of this fruit of the vine again until I drink it anew with you in My Father’s kingdom.’ Matthew 26:26-30; 1 Corinthians 11:25; Mark 14:22-25; Luke 22:16-20 – Matthew Henry Commentary https://biblehub.com/commentaries/mhc/matthew/26.htm
Many people partake of the Communion Table online
Pastor JD Farag has a service the first Sunday of each month... you can see it here:
Controversy Over Ethnicity of the 4000 - were they Gentiles? Lola Leavitt says
Miraculous Feeding of 4000 & 5000:
Jews or Gentiles?
July 1998 -- There is a revisionist opinion among New Testament scholars that the Lord Jesus' second miraculous feeding (the 4,000) was done deep in the Decapolis region predominantly among Gentiles. The Apostle Mark especially gives the location of the event as having occurred in “the midst of the borders of Decapolis” (Matthew 15:21-28.Mark 4:35-7:31 ) suggesting it was on the fringes of the Decapolis area on the east side of the Sea of Galilee and the Jordan River. The location of the feeding of the 4,000 makes a lot of difference in understanding how broad the ministry of Christ was among Gentiles.
Decapolis (10 cities) was primarily on the Golan Heights and on the east side of the Jordan River in the area that is now part of the Kingdom of Jordan. It was populated by Gentiles in the time of our Lord, and was largely pagan in religious practice. They were cities of Greco-Roman culture.
As Christ’s entire earthly ministry was restricted to the Jewish people; there is no reason to believe that the 4,000 were any different from the 5,000 fed before. They were Jewish people from the Sea of Galilee area who came to hear the Master. Matthew 14:13-21; Mark 6:32-44; Luke 9:10-17; John 6:1-14
Also, Matthew 25:1-12 Virgins and oil lamps
and Traveling man money (talents) to servants for investing Matthew 25:13-30
Also like virgins oil lamps Matt 25:1-12 …. And man traveling giving money to servants Matt 25:13-30 God expects His servants to …. Also like virgins oil lamps Matt 25:1-12 …. And man traveling giving money to servants Matt 25:13-30 God expects His servants to ….
'I say unto all, Watch and pray.' Mark 14:38; Matthew 24:42
This command was proper, not only for those who were expecting the calamities that were soon to come upon the Jews, but for all who are soon to die and to go to the judgment. We know not the time of our death or how soon we shall be called to the judgment. King Jesus may come at any moment; therefore we should be ready. If we have repented of our sins, believed on Him, are leading a holy life in obedience to Him, we have been renewed and pardoned [John 3:3, 7]; we are ready. If not, we are unprepared and soon - probably while we are not expecting it - the cold hand of death will be laid on us, and we shall be hurried to the place where is weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth [Matthew 25:30; Luke 13:28]. Oh how important it is to be ready to escape the awful sufferings of an eternal hell! -- biblehub.com/commentaries/barnes/mark/13.htm
"Why call ye Me, Lord, Lord and do not the things which I say?
"Whosoever cometh to Me and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great." Luke 6:46-49
California wants to ban the Bible for ‘hate speech’
4-17-22, MiamiStandard -- It may seem like an insane idea to ban the Holy Bible and a clear violation of the First Amendment to the US Constitution protecting 'religion' ... but there are some anti God zealots who actually want to ban the Holy Bible ... all those commandments!!
Yep, The Holy Bible, along with several other books that incorporate aspects of religion, made the American Library Association's list of top 10 most challenged books in 2015. Recently, April 2022, Mark Dice asked people to sign a petition to ban the Bible because it's claimed to be hate speech and makes people uncomfortable ... and they signed!! See 9 min video here:
4-25-22, Ellicott’s commentary explains that Matthew 5:44 teaches that we must bless them that curse us & do good to them that hate us. [Luke 6:27-28] Taking it as it stands the extension of the command to love our neighbor (Leviticus 19:18), so that it includes even those whom natural impulse prompts us to hate and the stress laid on prayer as the highest utterance of that love. In such cases prayer may be delivered for the evil one and in so praying we are drawing near to the mind of God, and asking that our wills may be as His.
And Benson’s commentary teaches from Proverbs 24:17-18, 25:21 that we do not rejoice when our enemy may fall into mischief or trouble. This plainly shows that the love of our enemies is a precept of the Old Testament, as well as of the New - Exodus 23:4-5. For though nobody sees it, God does and such would not be acceptable to Him. Job 31:29 - https://biblehub.com/commentaries/benson/proverbs/24.htm and https://biblehub.com/commentaries/ellicott/matthew/5.htm /
2-10-21, Amazon has just unveiled the plans for its second corporate headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across the Potomac River from Washington DC; less than four miles from the Capitol Building. Scholars of ancient history and the Holy Bible readily recognize the ancient model for the design: the Tower of Babel [Genesis 11:1-9]. Construction is expected to begin in 2022; completed in 2025 at a cost of $2.5 billion. See 1.5 min video here
4-11-22, LIVE SCIENCE -- Five planets, visible to the naked eye, are poised to line up and march across the sky this summer in an unusual alignment that will be graced by the light of the moon. Alignments of the five planets visible without the aid of telescopes or binoculars occur irregularly only every few years. The last time it happened was in 2020 and, before that, in 2016 and 2005, Michelle Nichols, director of public observing at Chicago's Adler Planetarium, said: "We don't always get this opportunity; sometimes, it's one or two in the sky; a lot of times, it's none."
Why do the planets orbit the sun on the same plane? Mercury circles the sun every 88 Earth days, Venus every 225 days, Mars every 687 days, Jupiter every 12 years and Saturn every 29 years. Given these varied timelines, the planets' orbits bring them near one another at irregular intervals. The best day to see the alignment varies based on local circumstances. In a place with a flat horizon off to the east, Mercury will be visible as early as about June 10, 2022. The alignment will be visible into early July, when Mercury will again dip below the horizon. For people in No America in late June look to the south and east about 45 minutes before dawn local time. Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn will all be visible to the naked eye.
The brightest planets in April's night sky: how and when to see
4-1-22, Space.com -- Saturn will engage with Mars on April 5, 2022. The Mars, Red Planet overtakes Saturn early this morning. In the east-southeast part of the sky - Venus is by far the brightest, closeby are dimmer Mars and Saturn. Jupiter begins to make itself evident ...
Binoculars will bring out the orange-yellow color of Mars contrasting with the yellow-white glow of Saturn.
On the morning of April 25, look for a ringed planet hovering like a bright yellowish-white 'star' about 8 degrees to the upper right of the fat, waning crescent moon.
If stars are meant to give us “light” what about other stellar phenomena such as nebulae and black holes? There seems to be a perfectly natural explanation for almighty God's creation of the heavenlies. [..] He created the conditions which ultimately produced Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter and so forth. Good evidence shows that the large planets such as Jupiter and Saturn provide gravitational protection for the smaller and more vulnerable inner planets against impacts of large objects such as asteroids. According to scientific discovery if it were not for Jupiter and Saturn, there probably would be no advanced life forms on the earth. According to the laws of physics, the existence of black holes are an inevitable consequence of the formation of certain types of very massive stars. It is now believed that the formation of galaxies depends on the presence of super massive black holes at the center of these swirling galaxies. If it were not for black holes, concentrations of stars with heavier elements (necessary to form life) would not have been created. More here
Genesis 1:1, 2:4; Isaiah 42:5, 45:18; Deuteronomy 4:32; 2 Kings 19:15; Colossians 1:16; Revelation 10:6
- He would make a triumphal entry in Jerusalem (Zechariah 9:9, Psalm 118).
- He would be smitten like a shepherd (Zechariah 13:7).
- He would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver (Zechariah 11:1-13 and Psalm 41:9).
- He would be given vinegar and gall (Psalm 69:21).
- They would cast lots for His garments (Psalm 22:18).
- His bones would not be broken (Exodus 12:46; Numbers 9:12; Psalm 34:20).
8. He would die among malefactors (Isaiah 53:9, 12).
9. His dying words were foretold (Psalm 22:1,31).
10. He would be buried by a rich man (Isaiah 53:9).
11. He would rise on the third day (Jonah 1:17; cf. Genesis 22:4 with Hebrews 11:19).
12. His resurrection would be followed by the destruction of Jerusalem (Daniel 9, 11 and 12).
The risen Savior had at least twelve post resurrection appearances to at least five hundred thirteen people:
- Appearance 1: Mary Magdalene: John 20:11-17 notes Mary Magdalene as the first person to see Jesus alive again.
- Appearance 2: The Other Mary and Salome: Matthew 28:9-10 records Jesus also appearing to the other Mary and Salome (Mark 16:1) on the Sunday morning of the resurrection"
- Appearance 3: Simon Peter: Luke 24:34 notes Jesus appearing to Peter on the Sunday of His resurrection: “It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon.”
- Appearance 4: The Two Disciples Walking to Emmaus: In Luke 24:13-32, two followers of Jesus are walking from Jerusalem to Emmaus on the Sabbath. Jesus appears, though they do not recognize Him until the end of the account. One disciple is named Cleopas (Luke 24:18), while the second disciple is unnamed.
- Appearance 5: The 10 Apostles: After Jesus appeared to the two men walking to Emmaus, they returned to Jerusalem to tell the apostles. While there, Jesus appeared to 10 of the apostles, all except Thomas (Luke 24:33-49).
- Appearance 6: The 11 Apostles: John 20:26-30 records Jesus appearing to all 11 apostles “a week later” at a home in Jerusalem. This likely refers to the next Sunday. Thomas believes and no longer doubts.
- Appearance 7: The Seven Apostles: The final chapter of John records seven apostles on an all-night fishing trip that occurred on the Sea of Galilee sometime after Christ’s appearance 10 days after His resurrection and before His ascension 40 days after His resurrection. This group included Simon Peter, Thomas, Nathanael, James and John (the sons of Zebedee), and two unnamed apostles (John 21:1-14). John records this as the third time Jesus had appeared to a group of disciples following His resurrection (John 21:14).
- Appearance 8: The Apostles in Galilee: Matthew’s Gospel ends with the risen Jesus meeting the apostles in Galilee (Matthew 28:16-20). Jesus receives worship from His followers. He also gives the Great Commission to His followers, telling them to make disciples of all nations.
- Appearance 9: 500 People at One Time: In 1 Corinthians 15:6 Paul notes 500 people who saw the risen Jesus as one time. He also notes most of these people were still alive when he wrote to the Corinthians believers about 20 years later.
- Appearance 10: James: In 1 Corinthians 15:7, Paul also records Jesus appearing to James, the brother of Jesus. This helps explain why James served as a leader in the early Jerusalem Church (Acts 15) and would be responsible for writing the letter of James. His brother Jude would also become a follower of Christ and write the letter bearing his name.
- Appearance 11: The 11 Apostles: Acts 1:4-9 records the ascension of Jesus 40 days after the resurrection. This would have been 10 days before Pentecost (Acts 2). Some believe Matthew 28:16-20 records the same event, though this is uncertain.
- Appearance 12: The Apostle Paul: Both Acts 9 and 1 Corinthians 15:8 note Jesus appearing to Paul (then Saul) on the road to Damascus. Though outside of the 40 days following the resurrection of Jesus, it was clearly Jesus (Acts 9:5). Paul called himself one “abnormally born” in connection with this event. Because some interpreters do not include this appearance with the others and consider appearances 8 and 11 as the same event, others count 10 resurrection appearances of Jesus.
In the 1700s Matthew Henry said this: “If Christ gave His life a ransom, and had not taken it again, it would not have appeared that His giving it was accepted as satisfaction. The love of Christ will make us to abound in every duty more than anything else." John 20:1-10
In 1 Corinthians 15:13-18 the Apostle Paul said:
“If there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: and if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ: whom He raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.” https://biblehub.com/commentaries/mhc/john/20.htm
4-11-22, As we approach the date we annually celebrate the Lord Jesus’ resurrection called ‘EASTER,’ we look to John 2:22 … When He was risen from the dead, this saying of our Savior - at that time - seemed obscure and difficult, for His disciples to understand, but they treasured it up in their memory. Clearly the actual event showed its true meaning. The sacred scriptures, when cherished in their memory, may not be understood "now," but hereafter will be understood.
Often, long after the Sunday School teacher has gone to eternity we understand the teaching from God’s word. Jesus had said - His prediction of His resurrection on other occasions: Matthew 16:21, 20:19; Mark 8:31, 9:31, 10:34; Luke 18:32-33, 24:7; Psalm 2:7, 16:10; Acts 2:27-32, 13:33, 35-37
Barnes’ Commentary, https://biblehub.com/commentaries/barnes/john/2.htm
🙏 Revelation 22:3 ❤️✝️
GOD'S STRONG DELUSION
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
Matthew 15:13; Mark 13:20; Luke 20:35
John 6:37, 39, 44, 65
Disclaimer: No violation of Copyright Law intended for any images or work presented - with no financial gain.
U.S. Title 17 Code § 107
Section 106A-117 of the U.S. Copyright Law. "Fair Use Notice"
Images and videos on this site may contain copyrighted material. That are made available for educational purposes only.