Omarosa’s Trump Bashing Book: Unhinged
According to the National Interagency Coordination Center, more than 30,000 personnel, including firefighters from across the United States and nearly 140 from Australia and New Zealand, were battling the blazes that have consumed more than 1.6 million acres.
More information Utah fires here
Coal Hollow Utah Wildfire Information
8-13-18 - In Utah County near SR-6 the Coal Hollow fire is actively spreading in 22,000 acres.
Is Genesis 1–11 Actual History?
The Earth's Age: About 5000 years
"God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created He them."
7-31-18, * -- As portrayed in public schools, TV and movies, the early chapters of Genesis contradict ancient history. For example, our current liberal anti God culture insists humans evolved from ape-like creatures, while Genesis says we were made in God’s image Genesis 1:27. Culture says the earth formed over eons, but Genesis 1:24 says it took God just six days. Is it possible to believe both the Bible and evolution’s history? Many try.
We may think this approach leads to a lovely land of resolution where we can simply label controversial Scriptures “poetic” to avoid their plain meanings. Instead, opening the “Genesis is poetry” gate unleashes three terrible tigers of doubt that threaten our faith:
- If we treat Genesis 1–11 as non-history, then what other passages should be labeled poetic or non-historical? The text of early Genesis doesn’t read or sound like poetry there's no line where 'poetry' leaves off and history begins. So this idea comes from outside the Bible. The book of Psalms shows what the Bible’s poetry looks like and historical psalms - like Psalm 78:1 also show that even poetic passages can convey real history! For example, Genesis 1:28 says, “Then God blessed them, and God said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply.’” If this is not history, then God did not actually say that. Later, Genesis 35:11 says, “Also God said to him [Jacob]: ‘I am God Almighty. Be fruitful and multiply.’” Both passages sound similar because both tell what God actually said. If we can treat one of these verses as non-history, then what stops us from treating the other verse—or the whole Bible, for that matter—as non-history?
- If it's non-history then what about the truthfulness of Jesus? He quoted from early Genesis when He said, “But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’” Jesus treated Genesis 1–11 as actual history. Why would He do that if He knew it was just poetry, not meant to be taken plainly? Peter and Paul also treated Genesis as history in their letters, so why shouldn’t we?
- Christians who doubt Genesis history seem to think that when a scientist says a fossil formed 70 million years ago or that a dog-like creature evolved into a whale, somehow that scientist pulled the information from the fossils or rocks. But rocks tell no such tales. Instead, they actually fit better with Genesis history.
A consistent approach to the Bible, respect for the truthfulness of the words of Jesus and the apostles, and a right view of the limits of science all compel us to lock the gate labeled “Genesis is poetic.” Instead, stay on the straight path that lets the whole Bible make plain sense, agrees with Jesus and embraces real science.
Genesis 1:27; Mark 10:6-8, Genesis 2:24 More here
(1) Evidence for a Young Earth by Eric Hovind on May 6, 2010 -- The Oldest Tree - A bristle cone pine is approximately 4,300 years old—dated via tree rings. The method may not be perfect, but it is the best we have for dating trees. The Oldest Reef - The Great Barrier Reef is less than 4,200 years old—dated via measuring the growth rate for 20 years. More here and here
About the Bible - Doubters Dumbfounded
The New Testament as we have it was originally written in Greek. The first printed Greek New Testament coming off a printing press happened in the year 1516, which means that for 1,500 years, the text that John and other biblical authors wrote was passed down by handwritten copies. More here
Miniature Horse Named Sammy Recovered Thanks to Dog Named Molly
Sammy needed many medical treatments to bring him to health and Kindle's 3-year-old golden retriever, Molly's interaction with Sammy helped Sammy. Even though he was scared because of Molly's attention, Sammy is doing very well. More here
The Jailed American Christian Pastor Brunson Has Been the Nucleus of President Trump's Punitive Tariffs Against Turkey
The Turkish lira tumbled more than 16 per cent on Friday, 8/10/18 – a record low against the dollar – after Washington imposed sanctions as well as steel and aluminum tariffs demanding that jailed American pastor Andrew Brunson be released. The US is the biggest destination for Turkish steel exports with 11 per cent of the Turkish export volume.
On July 25, 2018 it was reported that Pastor Brunson was released to house arrest ... apparently not or not good enough!
President Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey said: “It is wrong to dare bring Turkey to its knees through threats over a pastor. I am calling on those in America again. Shame on you, shame on you. You are exchanging your strategic partner in Nato for a priest. We have not made concessions on justice so far [on Brunson] and we will never make any!" More here
Travesty in Baltimore: Athletic Kids Permitted to Play While Below 2.0
More than half of high school students in Baltimore are living in poverty. Many are homeless and many deal with the effects of Baltimore’s pervasive violence. Richard Jackson, athletic director at Benjamin Franklin High School said, “A student who's lost a custodial grandparent may have been an A or B student, but then the grades just plummeted. We want to make sure we’re looking at the student as more of a totality than at just that one moment. Our kids face so much adversity outside of school. I’d hate to have to throw even more adversity when they get to school.”
The district is now delaying the implementation of the 2.0 GPA rule. Students will have until after first-quarter report cards before their eligibility for sports is determined based on GPA. More here
- Israel urges UN to condemn Islamic terrorists in Gaza, Hamas for attack: Aug 9, 2018 - Hamas said cease fire has been reached for mutual calm ..
- The United Nations Votes To Condemn Israel: June 14, 2018, The UNITED NATIONS OVERWHELMINGLY VOTED IN FAVOR OF A RESOLUTION CONDEMNING ISRAEL FOR USING “EXCESSIVE, DISPROPORTIONATE AND INDISCRIMINATE” FORCE IN GAZA FOLLOWING SEVERAL FATAL CLASHES ALONG ISRAEL’S BORDER where militants were using weapons breaching the fence and hurling arson balloons and kites into the Jewish state.
- May 2018, United Nations Palestinian Rights Committee Condemns Israel Disproportionate Use of Force...
- Art Pat Marvenko www.revelationillustrated.com/
1 Corinthians 9:22
17 U.S. Code § 107 - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use