National War Council
Report: leaked draft of President Trump's peace plan reveals creation of 'New Palestine' - Consequences if rejected:
5-7-19, Mondoweiss -- If either Israel or the Palestinians including [Islamic terror group] Hamas reject the deal, the document says the U.S. will impose steep penalties. The U.S. will cut off all aid to Israel and ensure “no country in the world transfers money” to the Palestinians, whose economy is reliant on foreign donors. If the PLO accepts the plan and Hamas or Islamic Jihad in Gaza reject it, the document warns “the U.S. will back Israel to personally harm leaders of Hamas and Islamic Jihad” in a future escalation, and will hold Hamas’ leadership “responsible in another round of violence between Israel and Hamas.”
President Trump's peace plan will include recognition of Israeli sovereignty
5-12-19, Haaretz -- Trump's peace plan may not include sovereign Palestinian state, but it includes significant financial support from the U.S., Europe and the Gulf states to the New Palestinian state of $30 billion over five years, with additional support for specific development projects from Australia, Canada, Japan and South Korea. Most of the funding will come from “oil producing countries,” described as “the main beneficiaries of this agreement.”
"The Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:" Genesis 15:18 ...and wife Sarah with son Isaac ... Genesis 17:19
Clearly this 'deal' is a non starter ...
Voices from the Arab Press: Deal of Century a tool to punish Muslims aka Palestinians
5-15-19, JPost -- According to an interview given by Jared Kushner, the ME Peace plan is going to focus on “enhancing the economic benefits of the Palestinians and the security of Israel.” ... The Trump administration knows that this plan is a non-starter for any Palestinian leader, no matter how moderate. More here
The Habit of Rising to the Occasion
"The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints. And what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power."
5-15-19, Archives of Oswald Chambers* -- Remember that you have been saved so that the life of Jesus may be manifested in your body (2 Corinthians 4:10). Direct the total energy of your powers so that you may achieve everything your election as a child of God provides; if you are trusting the strength from the Lord Jesus; you will rise every time to whatever occasion may come your way.
We didn't do anything to achieve our salvation; we're sinners who repented and trusted the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus and now live for Him. He expects us to now do something to exhibit that we are His child. (Philippians 2:12). Our speech, thinking, emotions and behaviors should evidence a difference in our lives. If we are still the same miserable, blaspheming, grouchy sinful person, set on having our own way, then it is a lie to say that God has saved and sanctified us.
God is the Master Designer, and He allows adversities into our lives to see if we can jump over them properly— “By my God I can leap over a wall” (Psalm 18:29). God will never shield us from the requirements of being His son or daughter. First Peter 4:12 says, “Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you….”
May God now find a spiritual vitality, a newness in us; a readiness to face anything He allows to come our way that is pleasing in His sight. 2 Corinthians 5:9; Hebrews 11:6
*My Utmost for His Highest Updated Edition
False Teachings in Modern Christian Churches
“There shall arise false Christs, false prophets, shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” v2 ...Reprove, rebuke and encourage with every form of patient instruction. For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires."
5-12-19, * -- Senior pastor of The Moody Church in Chicago, Illinois and current Pastor Emeritus Erwin W. Lutzer says some modern Christian churches are teaching false doctrine; he lists five:
- “Permissive grace” - churches saying that people can have grace and salvation through Christ without personal transformation. “We have to preach about sin …” Western culture in particular where many have a sense of entitlement ... as if God owes them something just by their mere presence on the planet. Romans 10:9-10, Luke 13:5; John 14:6
- “Social justice gospel” - we’ve always had a social conscience to help the less fortunate, but social justice is not the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. The “gospel” is not what we can do for Jesus; it’s what Jesus has done for us. Hebrews 7:25
- “New age” - ideas as a false gospel that can enter an evangelical church
- “Gospel of my sexuality” - evangelical churches who do not denounce sexual sins.
- “Interfaith dialogue” - specifically as an example, dialogues with Muslims. I argue that we need to befriend Muslims; but in no way can Islam and Christianity blend as the Islamic faith does not accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God. John 6:63, 14:6; 1 Peter 2:4; 1 John 2:2; Hebrews 10:26
Many people are falling for these false blasphemous teachings that just 'tickle the ears.'
Ephesians 4:14; 2 Timothy 2:16-18, 4:3; Titus 1:10-11; Hebrews 13:9
*Excerpted and adapted full original message from Pastor Erwin W. Lutzer Here
"As in the Days of Noah & Lot"
Jesus said unto the disciples, "The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them. For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation. 26And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all."
5-12-19, John Haller teaching about the collision course a wicked generation has with a holy and just God. Archaeologists, when uncovering human remains, never, EVER identify any of them as anything but ... male or female. Yet in the interest of preserving feelings and not to offend one's identity, we entertain the idea of thousands of "genders" that can morph on a daily, hourly or minute-by-minute basis all depending upon the "feelings" of the person who portrays themselves as being maligned if they are forced into a male or female designation. The insanity of gender confusion, combined with the abandonment of logic and biological reality, the world stage another puzzle piece in God's grand end time scenario. In a time when scriptural truth is hated even by those who claim to be professing Christians, it is imperative that we stand united on the foundation of the Word of God. [Romans 1:26-27]
One hour 14 min video here
5-6-19, Reuters -- Turkey Istanbul Mayoral candidates from both Turkey’s ruling AK party and the main opposition said they would again run for election in Istanbul on June 23, 2019 after results from an initial vote were scrapped. More here
5-10-19, FP -- Erdogan may have triggered a Turkish "Spring" ... there are now two parallel justice systems in Turkey: one for Erdogan’s cronies and supporters and one for everyone else.
On Mar 31, 2019 Turkey’s Supreme Election Council annulled the Istanbul municipal elections that the opposition had defeated Turkish Pres Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s ruling Justice and Dev Party (AKP). [..snip] There's something different about this intervention ... in 2017, it took more than one month of intense public pressure from Erdogan for the election council to overturn a perfectly legitimate election—it was a process for all to see. Erdogan has transformed Turkey into a one-person authoritarian system in which all institutions are under his control. He will come to bitterly regret his decision to overturn the Istanbul election, primarily because it demonstrates that he is losing power and is running scared. He is terrified of any potential mobilization of civil society. His paranoia leads him to see plots everywhere and to incessantly purge the bureaucracy, military and society of real but mostly imaginary enemies.
Collision Course Brewing Conflict America vs Iran
5-11-19, An American aircraft-carrier strike group is steaming towards the Persian Gulf, joined by B-52 bombers, after unspecified threats from Iran.
5-10-19, According to the Jewish Telegraph Agency Omar Suleiman, a Islamic cleric and president of the Yaqeen Institute, delivered the invocation/prayer at the invitation of his congresswoman, Democratic Suleiman has repeatedly called for a third Intifada against Israel, referred to Jews as “Zionists” and called them “enemies of God,” and defended the terrorist organization Hamas on social media.
Jesus Told a Parable - Pray Always
Jesus spoke a parable that men ought always to pray and not to faint: "There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. For awhile he would not: but afterward he said within himself, 'Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.' And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge His own elect, which cry day and night unto Him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?"
✝️Pastor Steve Cioccolanti of Melbourne, Australia ministered at House of Destiny. Here is his prophetic word before Israel's election on 9 April 2019 and the US Presidential election in November 2020.
"He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment:
a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He."
Bible has a lot to say about governmental justice - the church has abdicated our role. The Bible is a political book - Pres Trump is not a perfect man - but Pastor Steve said he is an agent of justice.
In Revelation 2:20 Jesus said: "I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols."
Pastor Steve asks, "What gives the church stamina and strength?" ... we know at the end there will be justice! We need to see the spirit of Elijah! If we pray correctly ... I prophesy that IF Donald Trump gets this message that he's been called an agent of justice; he will win re-election and win the US Senate and House of Representatives back for the Republicans.
Steve discusses the USA Democrat's attempts to power grabs trying to defeat Trump by changing the rules of the presidential election.
We read in God's word how He started with laws = justice! The church is so overly focused on love, forgiveness, mercy and grace ... too often law is ignored...
28 minute video here
Good Word of Encouragement From Lt Gen Flynn
Our current President is doing his best, but time is not on his side. And the daily circumstances he faces are extraordinary (beyond what a normal human can comprehend or handle). Faith is more than a daily prayer. Faith is a fundamental way of life and our leadership needs the faithful more today than ever (WWII, The Civil War, and the American Revolutionary Periods are likely equivalents). Romans 12:21] However, in those eras of history, faith in God was vastly more present (and not an afterthought or a once a month meeting of the religious).
My father, Master Sergeant, US Army Retired and now deceased, Charles Flynn (a WWII & Korean War Vet) taught me as a young child when He was trying to instill something deeper into my faith’s psyche: “There’re no atheists in a foxhole.” John 14:27
Please continue to stand courageously against the evil we face and fight the good and faithful fight of the Almighty. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
*Michael T. Flynn, Lt. Gen. (R), U.S. Army
CEO, Resilient Patriot LLC
NYT Bestselling Author, Book:
“The Field of Fight: How We Can Win the War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies”
Fifty Commands of Christ
Jesus said, “If ye love Me, keep My commandments.”
5-11-19, The Lord's Ten Commandments given to Moses [Exodus 20:1-17] are a school teacher. More than once we're told to obey God's commands [Psalm 112:1; Nehemiah 1:9; Romans 3:20] and of Jesus as follows:
- Love the Lord - “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment” (Matthew 22:37–38).
- Repent - “From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand” (Matthew 4:17; Romans 3:20).
- Be Born Again - “Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again” (John 3:5–7).
- Keep My Commandments - “If ye love me, keep my commandments” (John 14:15).
- Follow Me - “And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men” (Matthew 4:19).
- Make Disciples - “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations . . . teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen” (Matthew 28:19–20).
- Love Your Neighbor - “And the second [commandment] is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets” (Matthew 22:39–40).
- Rejoice - “Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you” (Matthew 5:11–12).
- Let Your Light Shine - “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 5:16).
- Honor God’s Law - “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill” (Matthew 5:17).
- Be Reconciled - “Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee; leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift” (Matthew 5:23–25).
- Do Not Lust - “But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell” (Matthew 5:28–30).
- Keep Your Word - “Let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil” (Matthew 5:37).
- Go the Second Mile - “Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: but I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away” (Matthew 5:38–42)
- Love Your Enemies - “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? Do not even the publicans the same?” (Matthew 5:44–46).
- Be Perfect - “If ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:46–48).
- Practice Secret Disciplines - “. . . When thou doest thine alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: that thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. . . . When thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. . . . When thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face; that thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly” (Matthew 6:1–18).
- Lay Up Treasures - “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also” (Matthew 6:19–21).
- Seek God’s Kingdom - “Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33).
- Judge Not But Consider Fruit - “Judge not, that ye be not judged. v18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. . . . Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” Matthew 7:1, 18-20; Luke 6:43
- Do Not Cast Pearls - “Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you” (Matthew 7:6).
- Ask, Seek, Knock - “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened” (Matthew 7:7–8).
- Do Unto Others - “Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets” (Matthew 7:12).
- Choose the Narrow Way - “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it” (Matthew 7:13–14).
- Beware of False Prophets - “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?” (Matthew 7:15–16).
- Pray for Laborers - “The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few; pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth laborers into his harvest” (Matthew 9:37–38).
- Be Wise as Serpents - “Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves” (Matthew 10:16).
- Fear Not - “Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell” (Matthew 10:28).
- Hear God’s Voice - “He that hath ears to hear, let him hear” (Matthew 11:15).
- Take My Yoke - “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28–30).
- Honor Your Parents - “For God commanded, saying, Honor thy father and mother: and, he that curseth father or mother, let him die the death” (Matthew 15:4).
- Beware of Leaven - “Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees” (Matthew 16:6).
- Deny Yourself - “If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?” (Luke 9:23–25).
- Despise Not Little Ones - “Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 18:10).
- Go to Offenders - “Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as a heathen man and a publican” (Matthew 18:15–17).
- Beware of Covetousness - “And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth” (Luke 12:15).
- Forgive Repentant Offenders – Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. Luke 17:3
- Honor Marriage Man & Woman - “And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder” (Matthew 19:4–6).
- Be a Servant - “. . . Whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; and whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many” (Matthew 20:26–28).
- Be a House of Prayer - “It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer . . . ” (Matthew 21:13).
- Ask in Faith - “Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea: it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive” (Matthew 21:21–22).
- Bring In the Poor - “Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbors; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompense be made thee. But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: and thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just” (Luke 14:12–14).
- Render to Caesar - “Show me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? They say unto him, Caesar’s. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s” (Matthew 22:19–21).
- Await My Return - “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh” (Matthew 24:42–44).
- Honor Lord’s Supper - Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; for this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins” (Matthew 26:26–28).
- Watch and Pray - “Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak” (Matthew 26:41).
- Feed My Sheep - “So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jona, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jona, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep” (John 21:15–16).
- Baptize My Disciples - “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” (Matthew 28:19).
- Receive God’s Power - “And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high” (Luke 24:49).
- Do not commit adultery - "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery. But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matthew 5:27-28
Adapted from the Commands of Christ Pocket Guide. More here
The Church as We Know It in the West
Is About to Die
"...I have set watchmen on your walls; all the day and all the night they shall never be silent."
5-10-19, * -- The church, as we perceive it in the West, is about to die. This is not something to rejoice over. Even though it may be far from the church that Jesus will build, it has accomplished much and will die in honor. It is a parallel of the life of Rachel, Jacob's wife, who died when Israel's last son, Benjamin was born [Genesis 35:18]. Benjamin represents the last sons of God to be born on the earth. Like Rachel, the church will give birth to the"Son of His right hand" [Luke 22:69], but it will take her life. So this means she will have been a mother to the last-day ministry, and we honor our fathers and mothers.
The [Martin Luther's] Reformation helped the church dig its way out of a deep darkness, but even as far as Christianity has advanced over the last 500 years, we have much further to go. [1 Timothy 2:5 4:1; Acts 4:12] Everything is speeding up.
However, what will happen will not happen through the continued reformation of the present model of the church. There's a new breed of ministry about to be released. It will be a people who walk in radical, revolutionary faith and power. This is such a new wine that the old model cannot contain it [Luke 5:38]. For this reason we should not despair when the old model dies, but rightfully honor the “Rachel” that carried and given birth to the new breed.
Once we see our purpose, we can see how the church in America has deviated from its calling and how the same thing has happened in our civil government. "We the people" in America are the sovereign. The government of the republic is designed to be subject to us; therefore, primary blame for having our authority usurped lies ultimately with us for allowing it to happen. The people will also be the ones who wake up and recover what has been lost. [..snip] A new breed of radical, revolutionary patriot will arise in America, and not just America—in nations around the world. God established the nations and gave them boundaries. He said anyone who moved the ancient boundaries would be cursed. [Deuteronomy 19:14; Proverbs 22:28; Job 24:2]
The Lord's first warning about these times was, "Do not be deceived." [Luke 21:8] Deception is far more common than truth today [in the government, media & the church]. The message of the typical American church today would be unrecognizable to the apostles of the first century. [Example: Prosperity & Chrislam ‘gospels’] The disconnect from truth has come the same way in the US government and media that it has in the church. Of course, this is not true in every church or the entire government or media. It's easy to see in the current media how there's a tendency to report what they want to be true rather than what is true. Isn't that also how the false churches have changed God's Gospel? How they 'want' it to be rather than how it truthfully is?
True humility is being teachable and responsive enough to change or to expand our concepts and beliefs. This too is repentance and it is coming. [Proverbs 11:2; 29:23; Luke 14:11; James 4:6]
GET ‘WOKE*’ OR GO BROKE!
"Social Justice Monsters" Destroy Everything They Touch: Being Liberally "Woke" Is Causing Death, Destruction and Despair
- Dick's Sporting Goods banned sales of guns to anyone under age 21 although a legal adult is 18 - the company lost $150 million in sales.
- Natl Football League [NFL] permitted their players - during official games - to kneel during the US National Anthem and disrespect of the American flag. Ratings tanked and has been forced to make $20 million in cuts slashing shows.
Both Dick’s & NFL decided to jump into politically divisive issues and in 2018 a study found that "intense sports fans, tend to endorse conservative policies.” So, they alienated the majority of their base; apparently forgotting the golden rule of business: Know your base, your customers and cater to them because that is what business is about.... the customers.
Hollywood and the comedy industry are dying because of the social justice monster.
Many comedians have decried how "political correctness," which is a favored tool of censorship for liberals, is "killing comedy."
- Mel Brooks: "We have become stupidly politically correct, which is the death of comedy. Comedy has to walk a thin line, take risks."
- Jerry Seinfeld: "I don’t play colleges, but I hear a lot of people tell me, ‘Don’t go near colleges, they’re so PC."
- Gilbert Gottfried wrote "The Apology Epidemic," stating: "Imagine if the most brilliant comedians in history were working today. They’d never stop apologizing.”
Liberal ‘woke’ cities in California [Oakland & San Francisco] are destitute as they have the highest of taxes, most stringent of gun control and they suffer the most poverty and high murder rates. The high cost of living and lack of jobs is causing a grand exodus of the liberal ‘woke’ states.
The restaurant who is now #3 in the nation, Chick-fil-A is a success story that refused to submit when they were boycotted by the liberal tyrants. The company was created on and still honors Christian values on traditional marriage.
Conclusion is simple you get liberally "woke" you’ll go broke, cause death, destruction and destitution, but if you refuse to cave to the liberal social justice monsters, you survive and thrive.....and are, in fact, happier people. Proverbs 3:9; Philippians 4:12-13; James 1:2-3
*Woke: According to Urban Dictionary - "The act of being very pretentious about how much you care about a social issue." The problem we see today stems from the overuse by liberal social justice monsters who think that being "woke" is an excuse to manufacture outrage over just about anything that offends their delicate sensibilities.
**Excerpted full original message from Susan Duclos, All News PipeLine here
The Faith to Persevere
"Because you have kept My command to persevere…"
5-8-19, Archives Oswald Chambers* -- Perseverance means more than endurance— more than simply holding on until the end. A saint’s life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see, but our Lord continues to stretch and strain, and every once in a while the saint says, “I can’t take any more.” Yet God pays no attention; He goes on stretching until His purpose is in sight, and then He lets the arrow fly.
Entrust yourself to God’s hands.
Is there something in your life for which you need perseverance right now? Maintain your intimate relationship with Jesus Christ through the perseverance of faith. Proclaim as Job did:
“Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.”
Faith is not some weak and pitiful emotion, but is strong and vigorous confidence built on the fact that God is holy love. And even though you cannot see Him right now and cannot understand what He is doing, you know Him. Disaster occurs in your life when you lack the mental composure that comes from establishing yourself on the eternal truth that God is holy love. Faith is the supreme effort of your life— throwing yourself with abandon and total confidence upon God. Habakkuk 3:17-18
God ventured His all in Jesus Christ to save us, [John 3:16] and now He wants us to venture our all with total abandoned confidence in Him. There are areas in our lives where that faith has not worked in us as yet— places still untouched by the life of God. There were none of those places in Jesus Christ’s life, and there are to be none in ours. Jesus prayed, “This is eternal life, that they may know You…” (John 17:3).
The real meaning of eternal life is a life that can face anything it has to face without wavering. If we will take this view, life will become one great romance— a glorious opportunity of seeing wonderful things all the time. God is disciplining us to get us into this central place of power. Romans 5:2; 1 John 5:20
*From My Utmost for His Highest Updated Edition here
The Remnant Church Arising!
The Lord said, “I will build My church”
5-8-19, A BRIEF PERSPECTIVE: The First Century Church with the apostles was vibrant, exhibiting profound life changing teaching, and magnificent signs and wonders. Hearts were noticeably touched for and by God, and lives noticeably redirected to reflect the ministry of Yeshua (Jesus). People of all ages and backgrounds numb to this life came vibrantly alive encountering the Lord, and then they went about sharing the Good News of the Gospel changing still others! The newly converted Christian did not wait to be schooled or licensed to some position in the church, they simply and encouragingly went; they became called-out disciples of Jesus, and they shared the teachings of Jesus openly, candidly, and without props.
The First Century Church worked! The members loved one another, openly took care of one another, and actually transformed communities and cities. This First Century Body of Believers in Christ did not sit around and debate God’s goodness or works. The members openly demonstrated such; they healed the sick, they raised the dead, and they cast out demons. As lives were healed, they were sent out to do the same to still others. One day alone, Pentecost, the church grew by over 3,000 members (Acts 2:41).
The myriad examples of the Living God working through mortal man was so incredible, the pagan religions of that day could not compete. The philosophers and learned ones could not teach against its’ success, especially the changes in man’s hearts and actions, and the Roman government could not help but feel threatened. The persecution launched by Roman authorities against the growing body of Believers in Christ caused an even deeper commitment to the ways of the Lord, not the ways of man or government or self. So…this First Century Church, comprised mostly of Jewish believers in Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus the Messiah), grew in numbers, as well as heart-felt demonstrative faith and actions. Adhering to the ways of the Lord as He taught and demonstrated, openly displaying grace not mere public politeness, the First Century Church moved like a mighty wind. Read Acts 19:1-41 to learn that the Apostle Paul went to the City of Ephesus, and within two years this city of 200,000 were living examples of Jesus Christ’s teachings. An entire city living for Christ! Look around today…hard to imagine a large church living for Christ much less an entire city.
But God! [1 Corinthians 12:24-27] For it is the Lord Himself, Adonai, who commenced shaking the church and nations into a new level of reality not seen in very many decades. The Remnant Church is Arising! As the author of The Messianic Church Arising by Dr. Robert Heidler wrote: “God is doing a miraculous work. It is the restoration of something that has been lost for fifteen hundred years, and it’s about to turn the ‘religious’ world upside down!”
Once upon a time…the church worked. With rare exception it does not anymore.
THE WAR COUNCIL was formed by God’s command to speak into three particular areas the First Century Church spoke to most plainly and candidly.
- First…government and public officials
- Second…those who practiced ceremonies, rituals, and methods attempting to draw close to God but who remain empty and now tired
- Third…those who left churches and liturgies and sit alone, but who know they are called to the teachings of the Living God thru His only Begotten Son Yeshua (Jesus).
EDUCATING THE REMNANT is an exciting process which will afford Holy Spirit to breathe new life in a church that is simply not working as Christ intended.
The formation of the church is mentioned in Matthew 16:18. The Ekklesia was taught and developed by Jesus establishing His legislative body (ambassadors on earth). This formation was the deliberate extension of His Heavenly Kingdom. He detailed the structure outlined in Ephesians 4:11-12, or if you choose an organizational chart for this governmental body and its function.
Knowing that evil powers and principalities would oppose and try to destroy the Ekklesia, Jesus appointed apostles (special governmental representatives); prophets (those speaking new messages from God); evangelists (those chosen particularly to spread the Good News to unbelievers); pastors and teachers to guide and fully equip His people for works of service in anticipated warfare by building-up and maturing members of His earthly Kingdom. Jesus made clear; the authorities of the infernal region and evil spirits in high places (second heaven) would not overpower or prevail in their efforts to destroy His legitimate earthly legislative assembly.
Unfortunately, nearly three centuries later in an effort of appeasement from persecution, hosted by Roman Emperor Constantine Caesar Flavius (worshiper of the Moon god Nanna), 300 Christian bishops and many church leaders attended the First Council of Nicaea in AD 325. What came of that meeting was a statement of doctrine called “The Nicene Creed” that all of Christianity would follow and obey. Although this doctrine affirmed the full deity of Christ, the Emperor installed a structure of worship and gathering that completely changed the original constitution initiated and taught by Christ.
Constantine and the orchestration of the Council of Nicaea subtly replaced the five-fold ministry which led to a “religious system” that we have to this day. This system basically eradicated the knowledge and work of the Ekklesia by Holy Spirit. This “powerless” system or rules, regulations and focus on mammon (material wealth and tithing) has led to the deterioration in church attendance and original function and demonstration of works (signs, wonders and miracles) and function (maturing the saints to be witnesses) for Christ and His Kingdom. It further appears the church today has lost its moral compass and compromises with the world as the early leaders did with Emperor Constantine.
Inspired by Holy Spirit, The National War Council is established to reinstitute the original intent and function established by our Lord and King – Jesus Christ [Yeshua].
In addition to our regular teaching series, we look forward to your invitation to come and share more completely the call upon the Remnant Church today. Whether elected official, corporate executive, pastor or church leader, corporate executive or shop keeper, food server or hourly employee, Mom or Dad, the Remnant Church is Arising across America in response to the call of Holy Spirit to bring forward the church Jesus instituted.
ONE MORE THING: The Apostles encouraged, cheered-on if you like, ALL new Believers in Yeshua (Jesus) to be like Him; to mature in intimacy with Him and our Heavenly Father. Pause and ponder that statement…to mature in intimacy with Him and our Heavenly Father. WOW! What or who is holding you back? The Remnant Church Arising across America is learning this truth anew. The Apostle Paul stated clearly in Ephesians 2:6, “God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms with Christ Jesus.” Did you grasp this powerful truth? When you trusted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, YOU were IDENTIFIED with Jesus in His death and in His resurrection. Your old self died, and God made you alive; YOU became a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17). Now get this…Paul tells Believers; God not only raised you up with Jesus, He also seated you with Him in the heavenly realms! Spiritually, YOU are now seated with Jesus at the right hand of the Father! Zechariah 13:9
The First Century Church “got this!” The church today has lost these truths. The Lord is building His Remnant Church to once again demonstrate these truths.
With all of Heaven cheering you on to run the race the Lord intends for you to win, I thank you for reading this announcement, and ask the Lord to bless you and walk with you today, tomorrow and into your tomorrow’s tomorrow, until that day when we are at our Forever Home with our Forever Family with Jesus and our Heavenly Father. Psalm 23:6
The National War Council
James Stockstill & Lyle J. Rapacki
Post Office Box 271673
Flower Mound, Texas 75027
"The Lord God called unto Moses out of the midst of the bush and said, "Moses, Moses."
Moses said, "Here am I."
4-18-19, Archives Oswald Chambers -- When God speaks, many of us are like people in a fog and we give no answer. Moses’ reply to God revealed that he knew where he was and that he was ready.
Readiness means having a right relationship to God and having the knowledge of where we are. Too often we are busy telling God where we would like to go. Yet the man or woman who is ready for God and His work is the one who receives the prize when the summons comes. Colossians 3:23-24; Galatians 6:9; James 1:12; Revelation 22:12
We wait with the idea that some great opportunity or something sensational will be coming our way, and when it does come we are quick to cry out, “Here I am.” Whenever we sense that Jesus Christ is rising up to take authority over some great task, we are there, but we are not ready for some obscure seemingly insignificant duty.
Readiness for God means that we are prepared to do the smallest thing or the largest thing— it makes no difference.
It means we have no choice in what we want to do, but that whatever God’s plans may be, we are there and ready. Whenever any duty presents itself, we hear God’s voice as our Lord heard His Father’s voice and we are ready for it with the total devotion because of our love for Him.
Jesus Christ expects to do with us just as His Father did with Him. He can put us wherever He wants, in pleasant duties or in menial ones, because our union with Him is the same as His union with the Father. “…that they may be one just as We are one…” (John 17:22).
The burning bush is a symbol of everything that surrounds the person who is ready and on fire with the presence of God Himself. 2 Timothy 4:2; Luke 12:35
Source: My Utmost, Oswald Chambers here
Christ Will Come Again
Jesus said, “In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”
5-7-19, Henry Morris, PhD -- The world has not seen the last of Jesus Christ! He was in the world once, but the world would not have Him, even though He had created it (John 1:10). While He was on Earth, He made it clear that He would be returning some day to judge the world.
Just before His arrest and crucifixion in the upper room, He told His disciples, for the very first time, that He would be coming for them personally, not to judge them with the world, but to “receive you unto Myself.”
In the first epistle written by the apostle Paul, this wonderful promise was repeated and amplified: “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven. . . . and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord” (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 19:11).
When He comes again, we shall be where He is, forever!
During this present time, He is preparing a place for us in the New Jerusalem that, like Christ Himself, will be “coming down from God out of heaven” (Revelation 21:2). All of this is exactly what we might expect from such a gracious and loving Savior, and He assures us that “if it were not so, I would have told you.” John 14:2 Source
“Judge not, that ye be not judged. v18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. . . . Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.”
5-6-19, Henry Morris, PhD -- This is a very familiar maxim "judge not," often cited by unbelievers and carnal Christians as a rebuke to Christians whom they regard as intolerant. These words of the Lord Jesus Christ do, indeed, warn us against a self-righteous attitude, condemning others who disagree with us on the basis of superficial criteria.
However, this caution by no means relieves us of the responsibility of evaluating the beliefs and practices of others in the light of Scripture. In the very same sermon, Jesus said just a few moments later: “Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine”; and, “beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing.”
Obviously obedience to Matthew 7:6-15, 24 requires one to make a judgment as to whether certain unbelievers should be regarded as “dogs” or “swine.” And that it would be counterproductive to speak to them of spiritual matters, or whether certain professing Christian leaders are actually false prophets who should be repudiated.
Since the Scriptures themselves are to be used in the final judgment (John 12:48; Revelation 20:12), it is obvious that we should use them right now to discern truth and error, right and wrong. “For the word of God . . . is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12)
There is another basis of judgment that the Lord Jesus has authorized us to use; by their fruit. [Luke 6:43] Thus, the test of Scripture plus fruit produced can serve as the basis of a valid judgment. Until adequate data for making such a test are available, judge not! Source
WHY SHOULD ANY CHRISTIAN HAVE TO APOLOGIZE for Loving Their Savior Jesus Christ on His Resurrection Day?
WHY SHOULD ANYONE BE OFFENDED?!
"An unjust man is an abomination to the righteous, but one whose way is straight is an abomination to the wicked. v22 Jesus said, You will be hated by all for My name's sake. v12 Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. v18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.But we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles. v12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."
5-1-19, John Haller was traveling from Ohio this past week and did his weekly prophecy update from Community Church of Devore, San Bernardino, California. He reports of the Christian persecution of the famous rugby star of Australia Samu Kerevi who praised the Lord Jesus on Resurrection Sunday "Easter" - saying 'I love you Jesus.' He subsequently apologized for offending anyone.
The attacks on Christians are increasing and the world is only concerned about Muslims being offended??
See one hour forty-five min video here
John also speaks of the history of the Jewish State of Israel and parallels the land with scripture. 1 Kings 12:26-27, 30-32; Hosea 6:9 -
He shares a trip to Israel when he visited ancient Jericho and how when Joshua and the Israelites attacked - all the walls fell out .... not in: John 6:1-27
And much more ...
Beautiful Video Depicting God's Creation
One hour 26 min high definition movie
Awesome video here
God Has Rules, Exodus 20:1-2, 3-17
God Loves Us, John 3:16
God Sent a Redeemer, Luke 13:3, John 14:6
God is coming again, Matthew 24:30-31
The Reality of Israel’s ‘Two-State Solution?’
Kushner says, 'No.'
Peace, Peace, there'll be no peace!
"While people are saying, "Peace and security," destruction will come upon them suddenly, like labor pains on a pregnant woman and they will not escape."
5-2-19, * -- Last week, US President Trump’s son-in-law one of the point men on the Middle East peace effort team, Jared Kushner, said: “The two-state solution has failed.”
The “two-state solution” does not appear in the 1993 Oslo Accords, which called only for “interim self-government” for the Muslims [aka Palestinians]. The goal was a negotiated final status agreement, in which independence was not specified.
A “state” next to the State of Israel, seemed only a matter of time. In 2002, President GW Bush tried to square the circle, calling his vision “two states, living side by side in peace and security.” However, the “ifs” and “whens.”
- “IF the Palestinian people actively pursue these goals, America and the world will actively support their efforts.
- “IF the Palestinian people meet these goals, they will be able to reach agreement with Israel and Egypt and Jordan on security and other arrangements for independence.
- “WHEN the Palestinian people have new leaders, new institutions and new security arrangements with their neighbors, the United States of America will support the creation of a Palestinian state.”
Even then, the “borders and certain aspects of its sovereignty will be provisional until resolved as part of a final settlement in the Middle East.” That put a substantial burden on the Palestinian leadership — one they have not been able to meet. After 23 years and billions of dollars in international aid, the 2017 Paris Peace Conference acknowledged that the Palestinians still lacked “infrastructure for a viable economy,” cannot manage “service delivery,” and has no “civil society” in PA areas able to express dissent or disapproval of Mahmoud Abbas’s then-12-year (now 14-year and counting) power grab of a four-year presidential term. Gaza under Hamas is worse.
The Trump administration has recognized that the Palestinians are farther than ever from meeting obligations to their own people — not to mention to Israel. So, the administration took itself out of the middle, and moved closer to our natural ally, Israel:
- Moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, recognizing the right of a sovereign country to choose its own capital.
- Defunding UNESCO because of its erasure of Jewish patrimony in Israel, including calling the Tomb of the (Jewish) Patriarchs and the Tomb of Rachel “Palestinian” heritage sites.
- Withholding funds from the PA in the amount it was spending on “salaries” for terrorists in Israeli prisons, effectively ending American participation in “Pay for Slay.”
- Defending Israel at the U.N. firmly and without apology.
- Removing the word “occupied” from State Department documents regarding the West Bank in deference to the fact that those territories are disputed and were previously occupied by Jordan.
- Closing the Palestinian “embassy” in Washington.
- Folding the U.S. Jerusalem Consulate, the de facto embassy to the Palestinian Authority, into the U.S. Embassy.
- Recognizing the Golan Heights as sovereign Israeli territory.
U.N. Security Council Resolution 242 of 1967 requires the Arab States (and the Palestinians by extension) to provide Israel with “termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgment of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force.”
Those were the terms that saw Israel return the Sinai to Egypt, and sign a peace agreement with Jordan. By signing on, the Palestinians will find themselves closer to the “two-state solution” than through any other mechanism. And Israel’s legitimacy and permanence in the region — the sine qua non of its future security — will be assured.
"They dress the wounds of the daughter of My people with very little care, saying, 'Peace, peace,' when there is no peace."
Descendants of Isaac, Son of Abraham & Sarah
Legitimate Heir of Land of Israel, Genesis 17:15-19
*Excerpted and adapted full original report here
Who Are You?
“Though I have the gift of prophecy, understand all mysteries, all knowledge, though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.”
4-16-19, * -- I realize I haven’t always known who I am in the Lord Jesus. Today, I am a much gentler version than I was when I began this journey. That’s not to say my understanding and acceptance of Biblical truth is lesser, because that remains carved in iron.
What has been tempered, however, is God taking that hammer (me) and forging me into a useful instrument. In the forging process, as you know, metal must be super heated then hammer it until it reaches the shape you want it to become. Part of that epiphany is recognizing that the hammering was not arbitrary, but God’s purposeful plan. He was not torturing me for the sake of it as if He delighted in my pain and discomfort. There was a rhyme to His reason. [..snip]
Evangelical Christianity used to be the last stronghold of western Christendom. This is being replaced with a growing number of unorthodox, pseudo-Christian offshoots in the form of Seeker-Sensitive, Prosperity Gospel churches. These have blurred the lines to accommodate a culture in rapid decline. Their Jesus never asks them to look at absolute truth, or make personal changes to their lifestyles; apparently ‘that Jesus’ only cares about social issues. ‘He’ is a COEXIST kinda guy; just powerful enough to be an icon, but not powerful enough to actually save anyone. This is why the dominant church in this era is like the Laodicean church [Revelation 3:14-22] they’ve become the church who caters to the will of the people. Therefore, if the people live in a culture where homosexuality and transgenderism becomes the new norms, it can be expected that this is also reflected as acceptable in the pulpits.
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." — C. S. Lewis
…the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever. 1 John 2:17
*Excerpted and adapted full original message from Pete Garcia here http://rev310.com/2019/04/who-are-you
Theme This Year's 'NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER'
"Love One Another"
REPENT, PRAY, ACT
5-2-19, Daily Jot* readers are expressing their frustration about the nation; a few months ago I heard a youthful friend glibly say:
"Well if we lose our freedom, we'll still have Jesus."
My stomach curdled at those words as I thought, "You have no idea of what you speak."... "I write the congress people, but they don't care and just send back 'thank you ' letters, etc. So I guess most people feel that they can't do anything. We sign petitions that get passed around. What good do they do? News writes what they want and most people don't even get the true stories. Any suggestions for people?"... "What can I do to make a difference? I have written letters over the years to politicians. Seems to never make a difference...What more can I do?"
First off, we have to recognize the con game.
Politicians encourage you to write or fax so that they can get your information and build a list on various issues. That way they can contact you to show you what a good job they are doing on issues of your interest. Organizations use petitions to get your name and email so they can raise money from you. Generally speaking, neither the politicians nor the lobbyists care a thing about what you think, they just want your information for their own purposes. Christian organizations are just as guilty. So beware. Your opinion doesn't matter much, just your money and your information.
Having confirmed why writing and signing is not effective, what to do?
Mark 8:34 says, "And Jesus called the crowds with His disciples, and He said to them, "Whoever is willing to come after Me, let him renounce himself and take up his cross and let him come after Me."
The cross was very offensive because it represented the worst of torture and death reserved for the worst of people. Christ was saying that following Him will be difficult. Turning a nation back to God is also difficult. Much of the church has become like the world. Many Christians are apathetic. 2 Chronicles 7:14 is overused and underplayed. We are a whole lot about action that takes place from a computer or a chair, but we need to be about Ephesians 6:13, "having done all, to stand." That is much harder.
Getting rid of the problem before us is like the example Christ gave regarding the demon that could not be driven out, only by prayer and fasting. Pray and fast [Luke 18:1; Matthew 6:17-18; Acts 13:2-4, 14:23] for our nation. Beyond that we have to take action. So many will say that if you organize and take to the streets, you are being rebellious. I say that if we stand together overcoming evil with good [Romans 12:21] and we do it publicly in great numbers, we are not in rebellion, but crushing a satanic rebellion that has been allowed far too long.
We need to put our arms and legs and voices in motion--in numbers. We need to be men and women of God speaking boldly [Acts 9:28] as we ought to speak. Let us be mindful of these things as we repent and pray for our nation.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Bill Wilson, Daily Jot, Here
Haters Gonna’ Hate:
A Liberating Truth for People Pleasers
“He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot. Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.”
8-14-18, * -- Word on the street was that Greg started a cult. The rumor began with someone I thought was a friend was a hater saying awful things about me behind my back. When I heard, my first response was frustration and wanted to fight back. However, God was gracious, and soon I calmed down.
Then I felt regret and questioned what I could have done to cause his hate: Had I said something too extreme, too vocal, didn’t linger long at their parties and didn’t laugh at their jokes? I failed to win him and now, how many others would stay away from our Bible study because of his slander?
From there, the descent was gradual; I started to be invited out less and less. Lines began to be drawn and I was on the other side. Wallowing in self-pity and shame, wishing I had been a cooler Christian and then one night Jesus confronted me through His word. He said: “If the world hates you, know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you.” (John 15:18–20) That night my weaning from people pleasing began. One of the most liberating, expectation-changing, Jesus-endorsed truths that set me free was the tried and true statement, Haters gon’ hate.
Before that night, I had sinful expectations. Secretly, I was hoping to be loved by God and the world. I wanted God to change my life, but not my reputation. I wanted to be liked — for Christ or otherwise. I, the servant, had expected to be treated more favorably than my Master Jesus — and the world chose a murderer over Him. I was not greater than Jesus; I would not — and should not — be liked by everyone. Jesus wasn’t. (1 Timothy 3:7; Matthew 10:22)
Being ostracized by my friend and others was a natural consequence of being Christ’s. I was a citizen of another realm, no longer who I used to be.
Paul taught that everyone who desires to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted (2 Timothy 3:12). He did not say, “Just the awkward, hyper-spiritual, loud-mouthed-and-lacking-love believer.” He said all.
We shouldn’t seek to be the world’s friend: “Whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.” (James 4:4) Jesus offers a warning and a blessing to pierce the temptation to people please through compromise: “Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man!” “Woe to you, when all people speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets.” (Luke 6:22, 26)
Be surprised if no one despises your faith, your zeal, your singular devotion to Christ. Blessed are you when haters hate you for His name sake, for it is evidence that you are His (John 15:19).
*Excerpted and adapted full original message from Greg Morse, DesiringGod.org….. here
 Carl Trueman here
Luke 13:3; Titus 2:13, Revelation 19:11
1 Corinthians 9:22
17 U.S. Code § 107 - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use