10-31-22, Elliott's commentary says it shall be the name of the Lord God's name - joy. Nations shall sing the praises of the restored city; they shall fear and tremble before the Lord God shall His greatness shall be seen for “fear” (Isaiah 60:5; Hosea 3:5) for the quivering, trembling emotion that accompanies great joy. The voice of gladness as the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride; the voice of them that they shall say: “Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good.” Jeremiah 33:1-11 - https://biblehub.com/commentaries/ellicott/jeremiah/33.htm
October 31, 1517, Priest Martin Luther’s "The 95 Theses"
| || |
46. Christians are to be taught that, unless they have more than they need, they must reserve enough for their family needs and by no means squander it on indulgences.
47. Christians are to be taught that they buying of indulgences is a matter of free choice, not commanded.
48. Christians are to be taught that the pope, in granting indulgences, needs and thus desires their devout prayer more than their money.
49. Christians are to be taught that papal indulgences are useful only if they do not put their trust in them, but very harmful if they lose their fear of God because of them.
50. Christians are to be taught that if the pope knew the exactions of the indulgence preachers, he would rather that the basilica of St. Peter were burned to ashes than built up with the skin, flesh, and bones of his sheep.
51. Christians are to be taught that the pope would and should wish to give of his own money, even though he had to sell the basilica of St. Peter, to many of those from whom certain hawkers of indulgences cajole money.
52. It is vain to trust in salvation by indulgence letters, even though the indulgence commissary, or even the pope, were to offer his soul as security.
53. They are the enemies of Christ and the pope who forbid altogether the preaching of the Word of God in some churches in order that indulgences may be preached in others.
54. Injury is done to the Word of God when, in the same sermon, an equal or larger amount of time is devoted to indulgences than to the Word.
55. It is certainly the pope's sentiment that if indulgences, which are a very insignificant thing, are celebrated with one bell, one procession, and one ceremony, then the gospel, which is the very greatest thing, should be preached with a hundred bells, a hundred processions, a hundred ceremonies.
56. The true treasures of the church, out of which the pope distributes indulgences, are not sufficiently discussed or known among the people of Christ.
57. That indulgences are not temporal treasures is certainly clear, for many indulgence sellers do not distribute them freely but only gather them.
58. Nor are they the merits of Christ and the saints, for, even without the pope, the latter always work grace for the inner man, and the cross, death, and hell for the outer man.
59. St. Lawrence said that the poor of the church were the treasures of the church, but he spoke according to the usage of the word in his own time.
60. Without want of consideration we say that the keys of the church, given by the merits of Christ, are that treasure.
61. For it is clear that the pope's power is of itself sufficient for the remission of penalties and cases reserved by himself.
62. The true treasure of the church is the most holy gospel of the glory and grace of God.
63. But this treasure is naturally most odious, for it makes the first to be last (Mt. 20:16).
64. On the other hand, the treasure of indulgences is naturally most acceptable, for it makes the last to be first.
65. Therefore the treasures of the gospel are nets with which one formerly fished for men of wealth.
66. The treasures of indulgences are nets with which one now fishes for the wealth of men.
67. The indulgences which the demagogues acclaim as the greatest graces are actually understood to be such only insofar as they promote gain.
68. They are nevertheless in truth the most insignificant graces when compared with the grace of God and the piety of the cross.
69. Bishops and curates are bound to admit the commissaries of papal indulgences with all reverence.
70. But they are much more bound to strain their eyes and ears lest these men preach their own dreams instead of what the pope has commissioned.
71. Let him who speaks against the truth concerning papal indulgences be anathema and accursed.
72. But let him who guards against the lust and license of the indulgence preachers be blessed.
73. Just as the pope justly thunders against those who by any means whatever contrive harm to the sale of indulgences.
74. Much more does he intend to thunder against those who use indulgences as a pretext to contrive harm to holy love and truth.
75. To consider papal indulgences so great that they could absolve a man even if he had done the impossible and had violated the mother of God is madness.
76. We say on the contrary that papal indulgences cannot remove the very least of venial sins as far as guilt is concerned.
77. To say that even St. Peter if he were now pope, could not grant greater graces is blasphemy against St. Peter and the pope.
78. We say on the contrary that even the present pope, or any pope whatsoever, has greater graces at his disposal, that is, the gospel, spiritual powers, gifts of healing, etc., as it is written. (1 Co 12[:28])
79. To say that the cross emblazoned with the papal coat of arms, and set up by the indulgence preachers is equal in worth to the cross of Christ is blasphemy.
80. The bishops, curates, and theologians who permit such talk to be spread among the people will have to answer for this.
81. This unbridled preaching of indulgences makes it difficult even for learned men to rescue the reverence which is due the pope from slander or from the shrewd questions of the laity.
82. Such as: ``Why does not the pope empty purgatory for the sake of holy love and the dire need of the souls that are there if he redeems an infinite number of souls for the sake of miserable money with which to build a church?'' The former reason would be most just; the latter is most trivial.
83. Again, ``Why are funeral and anniversary masses for the dead continued and why does he not return or permit the withdrawal of the endowments founded for them, since it is wrong to pray for the redeemed?''
84. Again, ``What is this new piety of God and the pope that for a consideration of money they permit a man who is impious and their enemy to buy out of purgatory the pious soul of a friend of God and do not rather, beca use of the need of that pious and beloved soul, free it for pure love's sake?''
85. Again, ``Why are the penitential canons, long since abrogated and dead in actual fact and through disuse, now satisfied by the granting of indulgences as though they were still alive and in force?''
86. Again, ``Why does not the pope, whose wealth is today greater than the wealth of the richest Crassus, build this one basilica of St. Peter with his own money rather than with the money of poor believers?''
87. Again, ``What does the pope remit or grant to those who by perfect contrition already have a right to full remission and blessings?''
88. Again, ``What greater blessing could come to the church than if the pope were to bestow these remissions and blessings on every believer a hundred times a day, as he now does but once?''
89. ``Since the pope seeks the salvation of souls rather than money by his indulgences, why does he suspend the indulgences and pardons previously granted when they have equal efficacy?''
90. To repress these very sharp arguments of the laity by force alone, and not to resolve them by giving reasons, is to expose the church and the pope to the ridicule of their enemies and to make Christians unhappy.
91. If, therefore, indulgences were preached according to the spirit and intention of the pope, all these doubts would be readily resolved. Indeed, they would not exist.
92. Away, then, with all those prophets who say to the people of Christ, ``Peace, peace,'' and there is no peace! (Jer 6:14)
93. Blessed be all those prophets who say to the people of Christ, ``Cross, cross,'' and there is no cross!
94. Christians should be exhorted to be diligent in following Christ, their Head, through penalties, death and hell.
95. And thus be confident of entering into heaven through many tribulations rather than through the false security of peace (Acts 14:22). Source: https://www.luther.de/en/95thesen.html
Jeremiah 31:1-4, 12, 33-34, 32:19, 39-42
The Dark Chilling History Behind Halloween [here]
10-30-20, Business Insider -- Halloween arose from a confluence of pagan, Celtic & Roman Catholic influences. The observance of the creepy event has changed. [..] In the Middle Ages, black cats were often portrayed as the familiars of witches, which is likely to be the origin of the distrust with which they are regarded in America. Early Puritan Christian settlers rejected anything associated with the Devil and witch.
[..] Samhain is a pagan religious festival in Wicca [here]. It originated from an ancient Celtic Satanic spiritual tradition. Celebrants believe that the barriers between the physical world and the spirit world break down during Samhain, allowing more interaction between humans and denizens of Satan's "Otherworld." We should avoid all appearance of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:22 And that includes Halloween. More here
-- Matthew Henry, https://biblehub.com/commentaries/mhc/jeremiah/25.htm
"And all the kings of the north, far and near, one with another, and all the kingdoms of the world, which are upon the face of the earth: and the king of Sheshach shall drink after them.Therefore thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Drink ye, and be drunken, and spue, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you. ...The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter His voice from His holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth... A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, He will plead with all flesh; He will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD of hosts, "Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth." Jeremiah 25:26-32
Biden: If Republicans Win, 'Inflation Will Get Worse' [here]
10-13-22, DailyCaller -- While speaking in California, Ole Joe Biden recently said that if Republicans win the November 8, 2022 midterms, then inflation is "going to get worse."
[What a liar!] He said: “We’ve got an election in a month... Democrats are working to bring down the cost of things... Standing up for working people, the right to get a raise and get a better job. Republicans are campaigning everyday, on an agenda to raise your costs.”
Olympic chief backs trans participation, but not Russian [here]
10-27-22, RT.com -- Intl Olympic Committee (IOC) president Thomas Bach has given his thoughts on trans [man as woman] participation in sports during an interview in which was he was also asked about the sweeping bans imposed on Russia... Hubbard didn't win this year:
Winning athletes in the Olympics win thousands of dollars - no wonder some men claim to be women - they have better lung capacity, stronger bones and muscles - easy win. More here: www.womanandhome.com/life/this-is-how-much-an-olympic-medalist-actually-makes/
Transgender weightlifter’s gold medal sparks fierce debate
7-30-19, NYPost -- Laurel Hubbard’s gold medal sparks fierce debate. The transgender weightlifter who competed for New Zealand in men’s weightlifting before transitioning from male to female in her thirties, won two golds ... “Kiwis (New Zealanders) know that males competing in women’s sports is blatantly unfair.” ... "Her" golds at the Pacific Games against women have renewed her profile and her status as a contender at international events.
=== More here ===
"Sports Woman of the Year!"
10-2-21, GatewayPundit -- For the first time in 113 years, a trans [biological male] woman won sportswoman of the year award from the University of Otago. Weightlifter Laurel Hubbard this year qualified ... The Queenstown athlete became the first openly transgender woman to compete at the Olympics when she contested the women’s 87+kg at the Tokyo Games this year although failing to make the 'snatch' and was knocked out of Olympic competition this year after failing on her third lift attempt. [here].
So the failure is the winner?? yep.
The wickedness of God's people was unending - therefore God told them:
"I will visit upon you - judgment..." = punishment.
It was administered according to the fruit of their doings;
God punishes the fruit of our doings - if it's wicked.
Jeremiah 21:12; 2 Kings 7:1; Isaiah 1:10; Ezekiel 13:2; Jeremiah 21:1-14, 22:10-28
-- Matthew Poole Commentary, https://biblehub.com/commentaries/poole/jeremiah/21.htm
and here https://biblehub.com/commentaries/poole/jeremiah/22.htm
Sarah Jeong wrote in July 2014:
“Oh man it's kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men.”
New York Times stands by Sarah Jeong
8-2-18, FOXNEWS -- Despite several derogatory tweets of SARAH JEONG aimed at white people. Her Twitter feed is filled with a host of messages that are considered racist and offensive. She compared “dumbass f-----g white people” to dogs, said that white people would “go extinct soon,” and used the hashtag #CancelWhitePeople.
Are white people genetically predisposed to burn faster in the sun, thus logically being only fit to live underground like groveling goblins,” she wrote in 2014 before adding a graph claiming that “whiteness” resulted in being “awful.”
Sarah Jeong leaves New York Times editorial board [here]
9-28-19, Sarah Jeong whose old racist tweets of "white people" is no longer employed by the NYTimes.
Sarah Jeong tired of hearing white suburbanite homeowners [here]
10-20-22, Twitchy -- Remember Sarah Jeong?
She’s the woman who was hired by the New York Times despite a long history of racist tweets. The Verge argued that her hiring was “not a good-faith conversation” but rather “intimidation.”
Jeong will have white suburbanite homeowners know that she’s a small Asian woman who takes public transit everywhere — don’t tell her about not feeling safe.
-- Matthew Henry, https://biblehub.com/commentaries/mhc/jeremiah/18.htm
Student Test Scores Plummet,
10-24-22, CNSNews -- USA nationally the average mathematics score for fourth-graders fell five points since 2019, while the score for eighth-graders dropped eight points. They were the largest ever recorded in that subject. In reading, average scores for both grades fell three points.
The Natl Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) released its findings ... blaming the Covid virus for poor test scores. The feds want to throw more money at the problem [here] .... The lockdowns, which were vigorously supported by teachers‘ unions in Maine and across the country, forced students out of schools and into chaotic home learning environments. The decline in test scores over the last three years was most severe among black and hispanic students ... [Note: ... so are white people to blame? Racism!]
Science shows transgender and Woke Brain Washing Have Replaced Educating on Math & English & doesn't belong in schools [here]
4-20-22, NYPost -- The US Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit ruled that an Ohio public university could not force a professor to address transgender students using their chosen pronouns ... However, Human Rights and other LGBTQ+ advocacy groups ignore science insisting that someone with “boy parts” can become a girl and vice versa.
At least 15 dead in armed attack on Shia shrine in Iran's Shiraz City [here]
10-26-22, Alarabiya -- At least 15 people were killed and 40 were injured in an armed attack on worshipers in a Shia pilgrimage site in Iran's city of Shiraz, ... The attack took place on the same day that clashes broke out at the burial site of Mahsa Amini in Saqqez, a city in the Kurdistan province...
10-26-22, Aljazeera -- The Iranian foreign ministry said it imposed sanctions on 12 individuals and eight organisations for their "intentional actions in supporting terrorism and terrorist groups,..."
This is the first time Iran has officially sanctioned EU officials and institutions, a move that comes as a reaction to the bloc’s sanctions on Iran’s so-called morality police and others earlier this month over their alleged roles in what it called the “brutal killing of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini" 40 days ago.
GOP [Republicans] make gains among Hispanic voters
2-22-22, NYPost -- According to 2020 exit polls, Hispanic voters nationwide voted Democrat over Republican in congressional races by a wide margin. However, since the election ...
... now Democrats only hold a slight advantage over Republican. Seventy-four percent of Latino respondents in a recent poll agreed that parents should have a say in what is taught at their children’s schools — a key Republican view and part of its platform.
Now, do we truly believe that the God who punished the disobedient blaspheming people of old -- won't punish today or in the future?
Oh how foolish can we be?
Jeremiah 7:16, 13:27, 14:11, 15:6, Luke 13:3; John 2:16; Hebrews 11:10
10-24-22, In history, the very first family Adam and Eve and their sons ran into trouble. Genesis 3:17 They listened to the enemy’s lies; and evil has been stalking their descendants ever since.
Today in 2022, it’s way past time to decide whether we place our priorities and loyalty to the things of the world or to the things of God - hopefully it's not too late.
In the Book of Jeremiah we see the trouble Israel had when they turned against God. He told them to amend their ways - if they didn't - He'd cast them out; and they didn't - resulting in much suffering.
When the prophet Jeremiah tried to pray for the wicked blaspheming people, God said: 'stop praying, I will not hear you!' Jeremiah 7:16 He said there'd be no peace as the people were so wicked they weren't even ashamed. Because the nations were adulterers forsaking the Lord God and His Laws ... the nations would wail and tremble; the nation of gladness will cease.
Sure sounds like today's world !
Read more here: Jeremiah 7:15, 23, 34, 8:11, 9:13, 18, 10:9-10
Ole Joe Biden’s Moral Compass is Broken
10-24-22, Biden’s moral compass is spinning out of control. If he DID have a moral compass it'd look like our cartoon. Did you know this year marks ole Joe Biden's fifty years in USA Democrat politics? What has he done to help or improve the lives of American citizens? Nothing. Although he did improve the lives (and bank accounts) of his big banker backers as well as his own family — especially his son Hunter. Graft flows freely in the Biden family and it enriches them all. Biden has used his political positions to sell out the country to the globe's highest bidders. Everyone knows that China Joe is an illegitimate President. There's no way he could've received 81 million legal votes from actual American voters. He finished in 4th place in Iowa primary and 5th place in New Hampshire. After those disastrous drubbings the Democrat Party string pullers decided to rig things as they wanted him to win because they knew he'd make a good puppet.
The Democrats are full-blown Communists and they're running our country as if they were Stalinists. Look at how they weaponized the IRS, DOJ, CDC and of course their political enforcers, the FBI. Every part of the Federal government has been taken over and corrupted.
Time is running out.
Every American must now stand up and fight to save the Republic. We must overwhelm the polls with a red tsunami so gigantic that any cheating will be drowned out. Get out and vote on November 8, 2022 [hoping that - IF enough conservatives vote - they can't cheat THIS TIME~! Become a ballot box or poll watcher. Spread the news on social media.
God willing we'll not fail.
-- BEN GARRISON, Independent and self-funded political cartoonist and Libertarian full report here https://grrrgraphics.com/bidens-moral-compass-is-broken/
Is Iran's Islamic State on Shaky Grounds? [here]
10-10-23-22, Can the people of Iran free themselves from the Religious Fascism that rules their lives?
Women in Iran Are Protesting the Mandatory Hijab [here]
10-14-22, ForeignPolicy -- The recent death of Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old woman in Iran who had been visiting the capital of Tehran, triggered a series of protests...
According to eye witnesses she died after being arrested and beaten by Iran’s morality police for the apparent crime of not wearing a headscarf...
The late great Stephen Hill
'WILL THE CIRCLE BE UNBROKEN?'
President Trump files lawsuit against Congress Jan 6 Committee and National Archives to block subpoenas for White House record s [here]
10-18-22, BusInsider --
Trump WANTS to testify before Jan. 6 committee
10-15-22, DailyMail -- The US Congress January 6 Committee unanimously voted to subpoena President Trump to testify about his knowledge of the violence on the Capitol on Jan 6th. He wants to testify to convince investigators it was a witch hunt. But only if it's on live TV - expert lawyers say the only way they can force Trump is go get a court order as was done when Bill Clinton testified - which they've not done. More here
10-12-22, Breitbart -- The internal poll for Republican and Trump supported Senate Candidate in Georgia, Hershel Walker, released on Twitter by Moore Information Group, Walker in the lead by two points. He is at 46 percent compared to Warnock’s 44 percent. The poll also showed Chase Oliver, the libertarian candidate, with four percent.
The Lord Jesus told us to do good works so that God gets glory:
"Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."
Matthew 5:16; 1 Peter 2:12
10-22-22, Probably no text in the Bible reveals the passion of God for His own glory more clearly and bluntly as Isaiah 48:9-11 where God says: For My name’s sake I defer My anger, for the sake of My praise I restrain it for you, that I may not cut you off. Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction. For My own sake I do it … My glory I will not give to another.”
In Malachi 2:2, 4:2 we see the covenant of priesthood and it's true of the covenant of grace made with all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ as spiritual priests. It 's a covenant of life and peace; it assures all believers of happiness, both in this world and in that to come.
It is an honor to God's servants to be employed as His messengers; we all must exert ourselves to the utmost for the salvation of lost sinners. Those ministers who preach sound doctrine living honorable lives according to God's laws are likely to turn people from sin to repentance. Luke 13:3 Many departed from this way; thus they misled people. However, those who walk with God in righteousness turning others to faith in God; He will honor them; while those who despise Him suffer consequences. "The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but He blesses the just." Proverbs 3:33; John 13:31-32; Acts 3:13; Isaiah 61:3, 21, 63:14
-- Matthew Henry, https://biblehub.com/commentaries/mhc/malachi/2.htm
🙏 1 Corinthians 15:15-19 ❤️✝️
GOD'S STRONG DELUSION
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
Matthew 15:13; Mark 13:20; Luke 20:35
John 6:37, 39, 44, 65
Disclaimer: No violation of Copyright Law intended for any images or work presented - with no financial gain.
U.S. Title 17 Code § 107
Section 106A-117 of the U.S. Copyright Law. "Fair Use Notice"
Images and videos on this site may contain copyrighted material. That are made available for educational purposes only.