Blue 'Democrat' Governors Exceeding Their Authority
Another One Bites The Dust - First Wisconsin, Now Oregon Judge Renders Lockdown Orders 'Null And Void' As Flurry Of Lawsuits Against Tyrannical Dem Governors Grow
5-19-20, ANP - The Wisconsin Supreme Court 4-to-3 ruling striking down the "unlawful and invalid" stay-at-home order made it very clear that there is a definite limit to what elected state leaders can and cannot order their citizens to do and in the case of these unconstitutional lockdown orders.
Soon many other state judges will be mimicking the WI Supreme Court which referred to these draconian measures as the very definition of "tyranny." Apparently that ruling is causing a ripple effect across the country. In Oregon, Judge Shirtcliff rendered multiple executive orders by the Governor Kate Brown to be "null and void," after multiple churches sued the Governor.
The stated purpose for the lockdowns is hoping to quell the spread of the Covid virus; it has been challenged in court in several states. The decision in Wisconsin marked the first such lawsuit to succeed in a larger political debate over social distancing that has grown increasingly partisan - Democrats want to continue the lockdown while Republicans do not.
The court ruled that while Wis Democrat Gov Tony Evers, does possess emergency powers as governor, the stay-at-home directive was effectively imposed by Ms Palm, Dept of Health, whose discretion as a political appointee is more limited. The court said:
“We further conclude that Palm’s order confining all people to their homes, forbidding travel and closing businesses exceeded the statutory authority ... upon which Palm claims to rely.”
5-19-29, Kelleigh Nelson, News with Views -- Quotations by history's past dictators and despots:
- Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. —Voltaire
- It also gives us a very special, secret pleasure to see how unaware the people around us are of what is really happening to them. —Adolf Hitler
- The people want wholesome dread. They want to fear something. They want someone to frighten them and make them shudderingly submissive. —Ernst Rohm, Hitler’s chief of the SA (Storm Trooper)
- The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it. —Joseph Mengele, MD, “Angel of Death” at Auschwitz
The Good News: Resistance
- A Seattle police officer sacrificed his job to speak the truth on the abuse of power by the government. Greg Anderson is married with children, but he could not continue to follow orders he knew were against the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
- Kentucky: A federal judge blocked Governor Beshear’s (D-KY) temporary ban on mass gatherings amid the coronavirus pandemic from applying to religious services.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) halted a coronavirus testing program promoted by billionaire Bill Gates and Seattle health officials pending reviews.
- The Texas Supreme Court halts expansion of mail-in voting during Covid virus scare.
- Atwater, California has declared itself a sanctuary city for businesses!
- Michigan’s Governor Gretchen Whitmer lost a fight to force a 77-year-old barber out of business by canceling his license. Michigan protesters plan “Operation Haircut” demonstration to push back against state’s ‘tyrannical’ stay-at-home order.
- sad, John 14:1
- have sinned, Psalm 51:1
- facing danger, Psalm 91:1
- faith needs stimulation, Hebrews 11:1
- alone and sad, Psalm 23:1
The Lord Jesus said to:
"PRAY & WATCH"
Mark 13:33, 37
17 U.S. Code § 107 - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use