The Virtuous Woman of Proverbs 31
5-14-17, On this Mother's Day in the USA and around the world, it is my privilege to encourage all women - not just those of us who were blessed with children - to be virtuous women as described in the Holy Bible's Proverbs 31 *:
Man finding a good wife:
• husbands are to encourage their wives to be women of strength
• wives to determine to please the Lord and who fears the Lord (v. 30)
• obtains favor from the Lord” (18:22)
• there is a clear contrast with the “nagging” wife (19:13; 21:9,19) and the “forbidden woman” (5:3-14,20; 6:24-32; 7:6-27)
• “the Lord” (31:30)
• “her husband” (vv. 11-12,23,28)
• “her children” (v. 28; cp. vv. 1-9,15,21,26-27)
• “her household” (vv. 15,21,27)
• “her servants” or household workers (v. 15)
• “the poor” (v. 20)
• “the needy” (v. 20)
• She shops for the best quality she can afford (vv. 13-14,22,24).
• She “works with willing hands” (v. 13; cp. “labor,” v. 31).
• She provides clothing for her household and for herself (vv. 13,19,21-22).
• She gets up early to make sure everyone has food for the day (v. 15).
• She ensures that her family does not run out of supplies and prepares ahead for harsh circumstances (vv. 11,18,21,25).
• She carefully invests her money and works to profit from her investment (vv. 16,18,24).
• She helps meet the needs of the poor (v. 20).
• She “watches over the activities of her household” (v. 27).
She is characterized by:
• trustworthiness (v. 11),
• consistency (vv. 12,18),
• high standards (vv. 13,16),
• industriousness and productivity (vv. 13-16,19,22,24,27),
• initiative (vv. 16,22,20),
• service (vv. 15,20),
• strength (vv. 17,25),
• honor (v. 25),
• compassion (v. 20),
• confidence rather than worry about the future (vv. 21,25), and
• wise words and instruction spoken with love (v. 26).
• “She is far more precious than jewels” (v. 10).
• “Her sons rise up and call her blessed” (v. 28).
• She is trusted, praised, and prized by her husband (vv. 11-12,28-29).
• The community’s respect for her husband is enhanced (vv. 23,31).
• She “will be praised” (v. 30).
• She deserves “the reward for her labor” (v. 31).
• She is known and receives praise for “her works” (v. 31).
Excerpted from The Holman Study Bible for Women
Read the Bible here
✝️ 7-11-20, The weight of the 'world's sin' ... the infinite blessings and resources of our salvation in Christ are described as providing the power of surpassing greatness, the grace of surpassing richness, the peace which surpasses all understanding. Thank YOU, Lord. John 1:29; Revelation 5:12; Philippians 4:7
✝️ 7-9-20, When the Lord Jesus was on the cross and the people scorned and scoffed; His great love for all ignorant uninformed sinners showed forth. He died for all sinners. Romans 5:8; Luke 23:34 However, after we are aware we're no longer ignorant of Who He was and 'what we do;' THEN we are all responsible if we reject Christ. John 3:17-18
6-29-20, Jesus said, 'Obey Me!' John 14:15; 1 John 2:3, 3:22 Of course we are forgiven when we sincerely pray for forgiveness turning our lives to the Lord Jesus. We must intend to sin no more ... if we do ... quickly repent as we didn't INTEND to. John 8:11 More here: https://www.gotquestions.org/go-and-sin-no-more.html
✝️ 6-12-20, The Lord □Jesus' mom, Mary's cousin Elizabeth's son John the Baptist was brutally killed because of a wicked hateful woman. Her foolish husband, King Herod - although he liked John; had him executed because of a promise - he musta been drunk - to make such a promise to his wife's daughter, Salome who's mom, Herodias wanted John dead. Matthew 14:3-11; Mark 6:14-29; Luke 9:7-9
✝️ 6-11-20, Regarding forgiveness: the Lord □ Jesus clearly taught that marriage was between a husband & wife. [Matthew 19:5; Mark 7:21] He loves all sinners both the heterosexual & homosexual. He promises forgiveness to everyone who repents coming to Him for salvation. He told the woman caught in adultery: "Go and sin no more.” Matthew 11:28
✝️ 6-9-20, The Lord □ Jesus explained to Nicodemus that he must be 'born again' [John 3.3, 7]. In Utah I've heard some LDS people scoff and ridicule believers in Christ who are 'born again.' Those who scorn are lost; Jesus clearly said to 'marvel not that you must be born again'; without Christ we are lost. John 3:17-18
✝️ 6-8-20, Jesus is God; He came to save sinners. “For He [Jesus] Whom God sent speaks the words of God: The Father loves the Son & has given all things into His hand. He that believs on the Son hath everlasting life & they that believes not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on them.” John 3:34-36
✝️ 6-7-20, The Lord □ Jesus spoke from the cross first of forgiveness, salvation then of His Mother's care into John's hands. He spoke of being forsaken & then triumph as His task as human was complete shedding His perfect blood for the forgiveness of sins to all who repent believing in Him. His body was thirsty. And last of His reunion with the Father. Matthew 27:46; Luke 23:34, 43, 46; John 19:26-28, 30; Mark 15:34
✝️ 6-3-20, Interesting the different duties of God's arch angels. Michael is a warrior who will defeat Satan and Gabriel was/is God's messenger appearing to: Prophet Daniel 8:15-17, 9:21-24 ... Zacharias, father of John the Baptist, Luke 1:11-18... Mary, Mother of Jesus, Luke 1:26-31... Joseph, Husband of Mary, Matthew 1:20-24, 2-13
✝️ 6-2-20, In appx 530 BC the Lord God of Israel chose the Persian [aka Iran] King Cyrus to protect and help the Jewish exiles in Babylon. Who would come back and rebuild Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem where now - since 688 AD - a Muslim mosque sits. Mark 13:14; Isaiah 45:4-6, 9, 12-13. World Without End. Ephesians 3:20-21
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12; Jeremiah 1:5; Galatians 6:7; 1 Thessalonians 5:4
✝️ 5-7-20, Sins □ Jesus Harshly Condemns; He said, “God knows our hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. V9 For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” [Pride] Luke 16:15, 18:9-14; Hebrews 1:8-9
✝️ 4-30-20, When the Lord □ Jesus Mother told her son that at the Cana wedding celebration there was no wine - I wonder if the Lord did little miracles around the house so Mary knew of His abilities expecting Him to quickly whip up some good wine. And He did! The Lord's first miracle on earth water into wine. John 2:1-11
✝️ 4-28-20, The Lord □ Jesus, in the book of Matthew, lists what’s called the “Beatitudes.” He lists the items in our lives in His 'Sermon on the Mount' that examine our values, vision & habits to wholehearted obedience to God. We seek His forgiveness & acceptance for eternal life with Him; this is the good news 'Gospel.' John 14:6; Matthew 5:1-48, 6:1-34, 7:1-28.
Sixteen min video here
The Bible at the click of a button: when you’re:
Terrific Free Bible App for Cell Phone here
Read the Bible
Disclaimer: No violation of Copyright Law intended for any images or work presented - with no financial gain.
17 U.S. Code § 107
Law for "Fair Use"