11-28-17, John Cassidy, New Yorker [Excerpted*] – President Trump’s nominee to replace Janet Yellen as chair of the Federal Reserve details learned from his Senate banking committee appearance follow:
1. He went to Princeton and Georgetown and was a lawyer
2. Was an investment banker and placed in the Fed by Obama in 2012
3. Multimillionaire, married with three children, 64 yrs old and lives in Maryland
4. Asked what role Steven Mnuchin, Trump’s Treasury Secretary, would play in his decision-making? Powell replied, “He would have no role.”
5. Apparently he will follow Ms Yellen’s lead; the Fed’s current policy of slowly raising interest rates will continue.
6. The biggest difference between Yellen and Powell’s approaches? Their financial regulation. Powell defended the over-all approach that was adopted after the great financial crisis of 2008–09, which involved forcing banks to hold more capital and liquidity, to take regular stress tests that would supposedly enable them to be wound down in the next crisis, rather than bailed out. He said the Fed should take a “fresh look” at some of the rules; some may be too costly or burdensome.
7. He may approve weakening the Volcker Rule. It was designed to prevent the trading departments of big banks from speculating on their own accounts—an activity known as proprietary trading. He said he was in favor of “tailoring the application” of the rule. This was the sort of language that Wall Street wanted to hear. Ever since Paul Volcker, a former Fed chairman, issued his proposal, at the start of 2010, the big banks have vigorously opposed it. Although Powell also said that he wanted to stick to the spirit of the rule, the bankers will be delighted to have someone at the Fed who is sensitive to their concerns.
8. When asked by Kennedy [Rep-LA] if “we still have banks that are too big to fail in America,” Powell said, “I would say no to that.”
9. Regarding income inequality: Powell said that inequality and wage stagnation are pressing problems and the “most compelling” factor in explaining them was a shortfall in educational attainment leaving American workers without the skills needed to compete in a high-tech world. The Fed doesn’t have many tools for dealing with the issue of income distribution.
* Excerpted and adapted more here from New Yorker
Read the Bible here
The Lord Jesus said to:
"PRAY & WATCH"
Mark 13:33, 37
✝️ 6-27-20, The lawlessness we are now seeing on America's streets ... who are these young people? The kids raised under liberal theories forcing parents to withhold discipline from their children & taught liberal leftist dogma in the government schools & universities - now they are unruly selfish hateful barbarians. God said to train up children & they wouldn't depart from it [Proverbs 22:6] □□ ... true for evil □ as well as good □ behaviors. More here: https://bit.ly/3i55gQf
□ 8-25-20, NASA reports a small asteroid is headed to earth & will land on Nov 2, 2020 day before US presidential election. They say not to worry as it's only a seven footer. Some officials aren't so sure about not worrying after the 66 footer hit Russia in 2013. God said He'd send signs in the heavens and the earth. There are plenty of 'em too: eclipse of sun & moon, meteors, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes smoke turning day to night & so much more. Joel 2:30, Revelation 13:13; Luke 21:11, 25; Acts 2:19 □□
✝️ 5-27-20, See Romans 13:11; James 5:8; 1 Peter 4:7; 1 Thessalonians 2:19; Titus 2:13; 1 Cor 15:51-52, Rev 11:15 Scripture tells us that "The coming of the Lord is at hand;" but thousands of years have passed without the Lord’s coming. We must remember that one thousand years are like one day to God (Psalm 90:4; 2 Peter 3:8). The rapture will happen without warning at any time and believers in the Lord Jesus must be ready at all time. Certain current events cause us to believe we are near the Lord’s trumpet call and that the rapture of the church is ‘at hand.
✝️ 7-11-20, The weight of the 'world's sin' ... the infinite blessings and resources of our salvation in Christ are described as providing the power of surpassing greatness, the grace of surpassing richness, the peace which surpasses all understanding. Thank YOU, Lord. John 1:29; Revelation 5:12; Philippians 4:7
✝️ 7-9-20, When the Lord Jesus was on the cross and the people scorned and scoffed; His great love for all ignorant uninformed sinners showed forth. He died for all sinners. Romans 5:8; Luke 23:34 However, after we are aware we're no longer ignorant of Who He was and 'what we do;' THEN we are all responsible if we reject Christ. John 3:17-18
6-29-20, Jesus said, 'Obey Me!' John 14:15; 1 John 2:3, 3:22 Of course we are forgiven when we sincerely pray for forgiveness turning our lives to the Lord Jesus. We must intend to sin no more ... if we do ... quickly repent as we didn't INTEND to. John 8:11 More here: https://www.gotquestions.org/go-and-sin-no-more.html
✝️ 6-12-20, The Lord □Jesus' mom, Mary's cousin Elizabeth's son John the Baptist was brutally killed because of a wicked hateful woman. Her foolish husband, King Herod - although he liked John; had him executed because of a promise - he musta been drunk - to make such a promise to his wife's daughter, Salome who's mom, Herodias wanted John dead. Matthew 14:3-11; Mark 6:14-29; Luke 9:7-9
✝️ 6-11-20, Regarding forgiveness: the Lord □ Jesus clearly taught that marriage was between a husband & wife. [Matthew 19:5; Mark 7:21] He loves all sinners both the heterosexual & homosexual. He promises forgiveness to everyone who repents coming to Him for salvation. He told the woman caught in adultery: "Go and sin no more.” Matthew 11:28
✝️ 6-9-20, The Lord □ Jesus explained to Nicodemus that he must be 'born again' [John 3.3, 7]. In Utah I've heard some LDS people scoff and ridicule believers in Christ who are 'born again.' Those who scorn are lost; Jesus clearly said to 'marvel not that you must be born again'; without Christ we are lost. John 3:17-18
✝️ 6-8-20, Jesus is God; He came to save sinners. “For He [Jesus] Whom God sent speaks the words of God: The Father loves the Son & has given all things into His hand. He that believs on the Son hath everlasting life & they that believes not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on them.” John 3:34-36
✝️ 6-7-20, The Lord □ Jesus spoke from the cross first of forgiveness, salvation then of His Mother's care into John's hands. He spoke of being forsaken & then triumph as His task as human was complete shedding His perfect blood for the forgiveness of sins to all who repent believing in Him. His body was thirsty. And last of His reunion with the Father. Matthew 27:46; Luke 23:34, 43, 46; John 19:26-28, 30; Mark 15:34
✝️ 6-3-20, Interesting the different duties of God's arch angels. Michael is a warrior who will defeat Satan and Gabriel was/is God's messenger appearing to: Prophet Daniel 8:15-17, 9:21-24 ... Zacharias, father of John the Baptist, Luke 1:11-18... Mary, Mother of Jesus, Luke 1:26-31... Joseph, Husband of Mary, Matthew 1:20-24, 2-13
✝️ 6-2-20, In appx 530 BC the Lord God of Israel chose the Persian [aka Iran] King Cyrus to protect and help the Jewish exiles in Babylon. Who would come back and rebuild Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem where now - since 688 AD - a Muslim mosque sits. Mark 13:14; Isaiah 45:4-6, 9, 12-13. World Without End. Ephesians 3:20-21
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12; Jeremiah 1:5; Galatians 6:7; 1 Thessalonians 5:4
✝️ 5-7-20, Sins □ Jesus Harshly Condemns; He said, “God knows our hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. V9 For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” [Pride] Luke 16:15, 18:9-14; Hebrews 1:8-9
✝️ 4-30-20, When the Lord □ Jesus Mother told her son that at the Cana wedding celebration there was no wine - I wonder if the Lord did little miracles around the house so Mary knew of His abilities expecting Him to quickly whip up some good wine. And He did! The Lord's first miracle on earth water into wine. John 2:1-11
✝️ 4-28-20, The Lord □ Jesus, in the book of Matthew, lists what’s called the “Beatitudes.” He lists the items in our lives in His 'Sermon on the Mount' that examine our values, vision & habits to wholehearted obedience to God. We seek His forgiveness & acceptance for eternal life with Him; this is the good news 'Gospel.' John 14:6; Matthew 5:1-48, 6:1-34, 7:1-28.
✝️ 4-14-20, Based on the behaviors of some church goers; apparently they think God is like an old lenient Grandpa winking at deliberate unrepentant sin. Even sins that are done repeatedly with no remorse. Because the Lord God loves us so much, He generously warns us ... He has a book where names of forgiven sinners are recorded. Almighty God demands us to honor and obey Him. Revelation 1:18, 3:5, 20:1; Malachi 3:16 □□
Sixteen min video here
The Bible at the click of a button: when you’re:
Terrific Free Bible App for Cell Phone here
Read the Bible
17 U.S. Code § 107 - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use