Seven Men Committed Suicide in the Holy Bible
2-7-18, Many people believe or wonder about the Lord's punishment for those who commit suicide. Most believe if they were truly repentant sinners, born again in the Lord Jesus they will be in heaven. If a believer commits suicide, can they be saved? Even the Apostle Paul thought about how much better it would be to be with the Lord and not on this earth; but he didn't commit suicide - he really suffered! Philippians 1:20-24
There were seven men recorded in scripture who committed suicide:
1. [Abimelech] called hastily unto the young man his armour-bearer, and said unto him, Draw thy sword, and slay me, that men say not of me, A woman slew him. And his young man thrust him through, and he died (Judges 9:54).
2. And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed with all his might; and the house fell...upon all the people that were therein (Judges 16:30).
3. Saul took a sword and fell on it (1 Sam. 31:4).
4. When [Saul's] armour-bearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise upon his sword, and died (1 Sam 31:5).
5. When Ahithophel saw that his counsel was not followed, he...got him home to his house, to his city, and put his house in order, and hanged himself, and died (2 Sam. 17:23).
6. It came to pass, when Zimri saw that the city was taken, that he went into the palace of the king's house, and burnt the king's house over him with fire, and died (1 Kings 16:18).
7. [Judas] cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself (Matt. 27:5).
Suicide is not a good way to end our earthly suffering. It is a selfish and cowardly act. Anyone who is not saved and commits suicide is in serious trouble for they will have the wrath of God upon them. And born again believers who submit to their distress - what happens?
One truth about each of these stories of suicide is this: they didn’t have to end the way they did. God reminds us in His word that He will never waste the pain we struggle through in this life, but He will turn it around for good somehow and use it to strengthen us and to help others.
Maybe you're grieving over a sin that you are so ashamed of you want to escape; not a good idea! We reap what we sow [Galatians 6:7], but God loves us and will forgive our sin if we ask Him. John 3:16; Luke 13:3; Romans 10:13; Acts 2:21
"For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world;
but that the world through Him might be saved."
More here and here
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Online Bible here
Exodus 20:2-17 God's Ten Commands
Jesus said: "Marvel not that I said you must be born again!' John 3:3, 7
GOD'S STRONG DELUSION
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
We must obey God. Luke 11:28
FLY ME TO THE MOON SONG:
Isaiah 26:3; Philippines 4:6
7-8-21-21, Israel has only 8000 square miles of land - the Muslims have 5 million. Yet, they also want the Jews land. Of all the nations of the world, the Lord chose the descendants of Jacob [Jews], not Ishmael [Muslims], to be His covenant people - the descendants of Abraham and wife Sarah. (Genesis 17:19-21; Malachi 1:1–5).
✝️ 6-8-20, Jesus is God; He came to save sinners. “For He [Jesus] Whom God sent speaks the words of God: The Father loves the Son & has given all things into His hand. He that believs on the Son hath everlasting life & they that believes not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on them.” John 3:34-36
✝️ 6-7-20, The Lord □ Jesus spoke from the cross first of forgiveness, salvation then of His Mother's care into John's hands. He spoke of being forsaken & then triumph as His task as human was complete shedding His perfect blood for the forgiveness of sins to all who repent believing in Him. His body was thirsty. And last of His reunion with the Father. Matthew 27:46; Luke 23:34, 43, 46; John 19:26-28, 30; Mark 15:34
✝️ 5-7-20, Sins □ Jesus Harshly Condemns; He said, “God knows our hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. V9 For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” [Pride] Luke 16:15, 18:9-14; Hebrews 1:8-9
Terrific Free Bible App for Cell Phone here
Read the Bible
Disclaimer: No violation of Copyright Law intended for any images or work presented - with no financial gain.
U.S. Title 17 Code § 107
Section 106A-117 of the U.S. Copyright Law. "Fair Use Notice"
Images and videos on this site may contain copyrighted material. That are made available for educational purposes only.