The Glory of God is Departing America
9-5-19, If God punished His chosen Hebrew people for disobedience; why does wicked mankind believe He won’t punish America? Scripture says:
Deuteronomy 28:15-19, “Cursed shalt thou be:
• in the field, in basket and thy store
• in the fruit of thy body [children], the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine [cattle] and the flocks of thy sheep
• when thou comest in and goest out
Deuteronomy 28:20-29, “Because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken God; the LORD shall send upon thee until thou be destroyed with:
• cursing, vexation & rebuke in all that thou settest thine hand to do
• pestilence cleave unto thee until removed from the land
• consumption, with a fever, an extreme burning shall smite thee
• the sword, blasting and mildew shall pursue thee
• rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed
• thy carcass shall be meat unto all fowls of the air and unto the beasts of the earth
• with the emerod, boils, scab, itch, whereof thou cannot be healed
• with madness, blindness and astonishment of heart
• thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness
• thou shalt not prosper, shalt be only oppressed and no man shall save thee
Deuteronomy 28:37, 45, “And thou shalt become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword, among all nations whither the LORD shall lead thee. V45 45Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed.”
“Because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep His commandments and His statutes which He commanded thee.”
Scripture proves time and again the truth of the great hymn: “Prone to wander, Lord I feel it; prone to leave the God I love.” [From Hymn: ‘Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing”]
The truth that mankind is prone to wander away from God is not just for individuals; sadly it also relates to peoples and nations. Kingdoms, city-states, and nations rise and fall. History tells us that there is yet to be a nation that has not wandered away from our Creator God. Societies that once reverberated with Christian obedience to God’s precepts throughout the Western world have succumbed to a post-Christian ambivalence toward Him. Many blaspheme and scoff at His holy name.
Currently the United States of America seems to embody the people the Lord Jesus spoke of in Mark 8:18 when He quoted from Jeremiah 5:21: “Now hear this, O foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see; who have ears but do not hear.”
Many end time students of the Bible believe that judgment is long overdue for America. Every indicator screams that we are accelerating away from the living God and into a hellish abyss. Abandoning the God of our fathers, our nation seems determined to embrace the sexual revolution and killing a resulting baby casting our lot with post-Christian secular Humanism. We are a living fulfillment of Romans 1:28 and God is undoubtedly giving us over to our own depraved minds. [Democrat platform removes God again more here]
Is there hope for America as she teeters on the brink of the almighty righteous God’s dire judgment? I am convinced that the glory of God is leaving America. What was once a shining city on a hill has become a twisted caricature of unholy self righteousness. Like the ancient Israelites of Deuteronomy 28:15-19, we think we are immune from harm because we like to think of ourselves as a Christian nation; God will not be mocked [Galatians 6:7-8].
Applicable today as it was two thousand years ago when Jesus said:
“You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you: ‘This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far away from Me'.” Matthew 15:7-8 [Obey God! Acts 5:29-32]
Disclaimer: No violation of Copyright Law intended for any images or work presented - with no financial gain.
17 U.S. Code § 107
Law for "Fair Use"