10-9-20, Henry M. Morris III, D. Min -- The central message of the Lord's good news "gospel" lies in Christ’s sacrifice and resurrection. There is much more, of course, to our salvation. The immediate result is described in the two short verses of our text. [Colossians 1:13-14]
We have been delivered “from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God” (Acts 26:18). We have been delivered “from unreasonable and wicked men” (2 Thessalonians 3:2) and “from every evil work,” and are preserved “unto his heavenly kingdom” (2 Timothy 4:18). Ultimately, we have been rescued and delivered “from the wrath to come” (1 Thessalonians 1:10).
We have also been “translated” into the eternal kingdom of the Lord Jesus. [Translated?? "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God." Hebrews 11:5 (Enoch was raptured.)]
We will “not come into condemnation” but have been turned “from death unto life” (John 5:24). Our life prior to salvation was darkness, but we have been made “light in the Lord” (Ephesians 5:8).
No longer are we aliens outside of God’s family, but we have been “accepted in the beloved” (Ephesians 1:6).
Furthermore, all of our sins have been forgiven, and we are “justified freely by his grace” (Romans 3:24). That forgiveness and justification seal us “unto the day of redemption” (Ephesians 4:30).
And since this is an eternal transaction brought about by a transcendent Creator, almighty God we have been raised “up together, and made [to] sit together in heavenly places” (Ephesians 2:6). Already we have the “earnest of our inheritance” (Ephesians 1:14) and the assurance that we will “obtain a better resurrection” (Hebrews 11:35).
In this life, we may struggle with human rejection. David’s comment seems appropriate: “I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong Refuge” (Psalm 71:7). Source
1. Jesus Ascension - ‘... Jesus was taken up before their [apostles] eyes; and a cloud hid Him from their sight. Acts 1:8-11 ..." She [Mary] gave birth to a son, a male child, the one who will rule all the nations with a staff of iron. But her child was snatched up to God and His throne." Revelation 12:5
[Harpazo is the Greek word for “snatched up,” which indicates the Lord suddenly and supernaturally is “taken up” or “taken up” or “carried up” to Heaven. Epairo is the Greek word for “was taken up,” which is the passive voice, and passive voice means Someone other than Christ Himself is causing the Ascension—Someone else is doing the lifting/raising/ pulling, which in this case the Someone else is Father God’s Spirit.]
2. Paul (Translation/Rapture)** "I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter." 2 Corinthians 12:2-4
3. John - "The first voice I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, "Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter." Immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and One sat on the throne." Revelation 4:1-2
4. Elijah - "Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven" 2 Kings 2:11
5. Enoch [Pre-Flood] - Enoch walked with God ... God took him. Genesis 5:24; "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God." Hebrews 11:5
6. Philip - After Philip baptized the Eunuch ... "when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip." Acts 8:39-40 More here
7. Church [Bride of Christ] Future - "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." 1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
Read the Bible here
Proverbs 31:10, 28; Matthew 13:46
Disclaimer: No violation of Copyright Law intended for any images or work presented - with no financial gain.
17 U.S. Code § 107
Law for "Fair Use"